SYBIL WILKES: But that’s Wisconsin. That’s Wisconsin.
TOM JOYNER : Yeah.
REINCE PRIEBUS: But I’m just telling you about like in a state like Wisconsin, I’m just telling you that in a state like that, photo ID and making sure that people say who they are really is who they are and that they live in a place that they really live in. And in many places, like Wisconsin, you have vote fraud where people are registering in empty lots. I mean this is not made up stuff. I mean this has happened. Police reports were issued on this subject. And it’s real. And so that’s not true.
TOM JOYNER : Roland, you understand where I’m coming from, right?
ROLAND MARTIN : Yeah, and that’s one of the issues, that’s certainly one of the issues that we talked about, and not just the issue of even voters, but also you said explain our issues. But isn’t this also about listening to what African Americans say are their issues, are their concerns, and saying how you, as a party, could also speak to those issues?
REINCE PRIEBUS: Well, listen, that’s the number one issue. Sometimes you got to keep your mouth shut and listen. And that’s what we’re doing in Cleveland tomorrow. And I agree with you, and take your lumps, and you also learn and change.
ROLAND MARTIN : Right.
REINCE PRIEBUS: And be a party that gets to know people and builds genuine, real, authentic relationships. And, you know, I agree with that.
ROLAND MARTIN : I got to ask you this real quick, you obviously had critics within your own party who are African American, J.C. Watts has made some statements, former chairman Michael Steele. Do you plan on sitting down with them? They’ve been in the trenches for a number of years. Michael Steele came on this show several times when he was Chairman. Do you plan on sitting down with them to get their thoughts? Like I said, because they’ve been pushing this issue for a long time.
REINCE PRIEBUS: Yeah, but, you know, it’s a … but we also have a party though, even though that’s true, and number one, yes, of course. You want to build our party, and J.C. and Michael are an important part of our party …
ROLAND MARTIN : So you do plan on …
REINCE PRIEBUS: But this is also something, Roland …
ROLAND MARTIN : One second …
REINCE PRIEBUS: … that has never been done before. I mean hiring a few people down the hallway and saying that this is somehow voter engagement, in my mind, this isn’t true. I think you need hundreds of people across the country that are working with you, and for, and on behalf of the party to engage voters. And so, yeah, that’s the only way you’re going to build the party. Now, look, guys – I’m not looking, we’re not going to carpet the world in three months, I’m not naive. But I do think that we can do, you know, we can get to 10 and 15 and 20 percent if we work hard and have a long term view on what our party needs to do. And so this is all part of it. And I get it. And the criticism in many cases is fair.
SYBIL WILKES: Just a suggestion, sir, but you might want to talk to members of Congress and have them start talking to members of the opposite party and get things going there as well. And that might get people a little bit more open to what you have to say.
REINCE PRIEBUS: Look, I agree. I think every member should fight for a majority of every demographic in the district and they’ll be helping our country, in the long term, obviously helping our party, but it’s about America, not the Republican Party, and I think this is all just one big part of it.
« Previous page 1 2
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31