Five years ago, Brian James Moudry (pictured), a self-avowed White supremacist, burned down a Black family’s Chicago home. Now the man who lived only five houses away from the home of his victims has reportedly been sentenced to a maximum of 10 years behind bars for his crime, reports The Inquistr.
Moudry, who at one point referred to himself as “Rev. Brian ‘Warhead von Jewgrinder’ Moudry,” has reportedly been in the White Power Movement since 17. He has also admitted to being involved with the World Church of the Creator, an infamous far-right White supremacist group led by neo-Nazi Matt Hale who’s serving a 40-year prison sentence, after being convicted of asking a follower in 2002 to murder U.S. District Judge Joan Lefkow. Moudry, a hate-monger, who has committed racially motivated crimes against Blacks before, has also been an avid leader of white power demonstrations in recent years.
When the unnamed family of nine moved in to Moudry’s Joliet, Ill., neighborhood, they automatically became the targets of his hatred.
On June 17, 2007, at around 4:00 a.m., Moudry, whose face, arms, and neck are covered in racist tattoos, doused the victims’ home in gasoline and then torched it because he was reportedly upset that African Americans rented a house on his block. The ex-con also confessed to planning to intimidate the owner and interfere to prevent African Americans from renting the property.
After the arson, in which luckily no one was hurt, the Mother and her eight children, who were all under age 14, moved out of the home.
Ironically, a Black attorney, Miangel Cody, represented Moudry throughout his courtroom proceedings. U.S. District Judge Robert Gettleman reportedly told Moudry in no uncertain terms that he should be grateful for his Black lawyer who defended him.
In his defense, Cody said that his client suffers from schizophrenia, childhood abuse, and alcoholism, which allegedly contributed to Moudry burning down the victims’ home.
According to Judge Gettleman, Cody defended him so “ably and compassionately” that Moudry should realize that race doesn’t matter, “Everyone who comes into th is room is of the same race — the human race that we try to treat equally under the law.”
Assistant U.S. Attorney Nancy Podesta didn’t agree with Cody’s mental illness defense, though, arguing that Moudry is a racist, “This was an exceptionally despicable crime that was motivated by hate.” Podesta also said that Moudry’s sentence should serve as a warning to others who share his ideologies, “If you threaten someone because of their race, you forfeit your right to live in a free society.”
As part of a plea bargain, the 36-year-old arsonist pleaded guilty last January to violating the family’s civil rights.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading White Supremacist Sentenced To 10 Years For Torching Black Family’s Home