Get up, a-get-get get down, Dallas, Texas, because 911 is definitely a joke in your town. And you have racist — now terminated — operator, April Sims, to thank for it.
Sims took to her Facebook page to post bigoted, stereotypical insults about Black people, particularly those who call 911. Though her page is private, a friend sent screen caps to a local news station.
One reads: ‘Black people are outrageous! They are more like animals, they never know how to act, just loud [expletive] Always causing problems.’
‘I can count on one hand the black people I know who don’t have [expletive] for brains.I can count on one hand the black people I know who aren’t selfish.’
Another reads: ‘You want to call 911 cause your boyfriend put his hands on you and you want to press charges when you don’t even know his real name?!
‘Sure let’s make a police report for Dino, that is his street name.’
Dallas Police Department fired her for violating their social media policy, which “prohibits employees from posting items or information that may adversely affect the morale, confidence, and public respect of the department,” reports the Daily Mail.
She was just hired in December of 2012.
Se News8 report below:
Sims claims that people should redirect their anger to the real villains in this situation, the Dallas Police Department:
‘You should be more worried about the fact that there is often no Spanish speaker on duty. We have to call a 3rd party language line therefore causing those citizens to wait over a minute for emergency assistance.
‘All because the city doesn’t want to pay employees more speak Spanish. That’s what you should be worried about.’
Dallas City Councilman Dwaine Caraway said that he is “shocked and saddened” by the incident and called it an “embarrassment for the city of Dallas,” reports News 8.
“..it saddens me to know that this is going on and still taking place in today’s time, especially here in 911,” Caraway said.
While it may be sad, it’s most certainly not shocking. Hopefully, new procedures — or adherence to old ones — will ensure that grand-daughters of the KKK don’t get jobs with the police department.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading 911 Operator’s Racist Facebook Rant: ‘Black People Are Like Animals’