Amber Holcomb Voted Off Of ‘American Idol’ + 5 Of Her Best Divalicious Performances
Posted 3 years ago.
Amber Holcomb is the latest “American Idol” contestant to pack her bags.
The Houston native is known for effortlessly sangin’ hits from divas like Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey and Beyonce. But, her performances of Pink’s “Just Give Me a Reason” and Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart’s “My Funny Valentine” weren’t enough to keep her on the show this week.
Ryan Seacrest revealed that, after 81 million votes in a two-week period, the 19-year-old songstress would be going home.
This wasn’t Amber’s first rodeo. The soulful singer auditioned for the singing-competition show last year but she was eliminated in the Top 40 round.
America now has 3 finalists to choose the next “Idol” from, including Candice Glover, Angie Miller and Kree Harrison.
We are more than confident that Ms. Amber will go on to take the music world by storm. Let’s take a look back at 5 of her most powerful performances.
1. Amber Holcomb Performs “I Believe in You and Me” by Whitney Houston
2. Amber Holcomb Sings “I Say A Little Prayer” by Dionne Warwick
3. Amber Holcomb Rocks Beyonce’s “Love On Top”
4. Amber Holcomb Belts Out “A Moment Like This” by Kelly Clarkson
5. Amber Holcomb Performs “What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life” by Barbara Streisand