They used to be your favorite soul singers. Now they’re yet another group of reality show stars, reuniting for a tour of fabulous vocalists and for Season 2 of “R&B Divas” a show that chronicles the personal and professional struggles of singers Angie Stone, Faith Evans, Monifah Carter, Syleena Johnson, Keke Wyatt, Brownstone’s Nicci Gilbert and Xcsape’s LaTocha Scott. This season, the ladies are trying to keep it together enough to make the tour happen but are challenged by family issues and their own diva-like behavior.
Wyatt’s husband, Michael Ford, becomes an unofficial diva with his own web series, “The World According to Michael.” Despite the issue the other ladies had with Wyatt’s husband being aroundn 24-7 (this is Wyatt’s second husband, some may remember her infamous Christmas Day stabbing of the first), Ford will be back on “R&B Divas” as well.
“That’s my bay-bay!” Wyatt told the Tom Joyner Morning Show. “They [the divas] were just hating.”
Wyatt says that yes, she and her husband are together 24-7, and that’s fine by both of them.
“When he’s getting on my nerves, I might go get my nails done,” Wyatt said. Wyatt has said that she chose her husband because she knew he wouldn’t be abusive like her first one was. She told Essence.com she did her research before she married the second time and said “The people who raised him just wouldn’t allow him to be anything but respectful towards women. [Laughs] I can tell you now, if he did anything crazy I could call his family and they’d come set him straight.”
Despite the scrutiny a reality show brings to a relationship and the fact that many of them don’t survive it, Wyatt says her relationship is grounded in faith, which keeps it strong.
“When you put God at the head of your life, you can’t go wrong. My scripture told me this morning to trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not into your own understanding. So therefore, honey, we are good because we are leaning on Him, and when you’re leaning on him, can’t nobody do nothing. My husband is the head, I’m the tail, and we good.”
As for drama on the show this season, Wyatt says to no one’s surprise, to expect plenty. The ladies are preparing to go on tour together, but naturally, there are obstacles in their way, both external and external.
“Angie Stone’s on there,” Wyatt said in a voice that sounds like the two will bump heads, though Wyatt wouldn’t elaborate. “I’m not at liberty to run this trap, although I want to,” she said. “I’ll tell you this, it’s going to be more me, and a whole lot of me and that’s all I care about,” she said.
And the fact that Wyatt calls her “old,” a description Stone probably won’t care for, means it’s likely to be on and poppin’ for the Divas. So far, the drama we’ve seen in the preview is between Nicci Gilbert and Syleena Johnson, though the often difficult Nicci was once said to be on her way out of the show.
Watch it all unfold on TV One as the second season of “R&B Divas” kicks off tonight at 10 p.m.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30