Aswad Ayinde (pictured) , the New Jersey father who stands accused of raping and impregnating three of his five daughters when they were all minors, is currently facing his second of five jury trials. In this proceeding, the 54-year-old is charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault, and two counts of sexual assault. His former spouse, Beverly Ayinde, testified at Tuesday’s trial to, again, speak about the horrors that went on in their home for over 17 years, reports NorthJersey.com.
Ayinde, whose actual name is Charles McGill, directed the R&B group, the Fugees’, “Killing Me Softly” video. Beverly described her ex as a kind of brutal Svengali who tried to control everyone in the household under a reign of terror. She told jurors that Ayinde “equaled himself to being a prophet.” The woman went on to describe her statement in more detail: “As time went on, he was god-like. I had to call him, ‘my god.’ He equated himself to Jesus Christ … He would sit us all down and lecture us about his greatness and his power … At another point, he equated himself to Prince and Michael Jackson.”
According to Beverly, Ayinde, who has been often referred to as a “calculating and cunning pedophile,” had a twisted vision of creating a master race of pure-blooded children by impregnating them.
The mother of five also told the courtroom that she should have foreseen one of her daughter’s pregnancy. In a disturbing account, Beverly testified that her former husband, who walked around the home naked and allegedly sodomized one daughter over 100 times, had informed her in an almost surreal way that he needed to perform oral sex on one of their daughters who was 8-years-old at the time.
“I was shocked. I said ‘What are you talking about?’ He tried to present it in this very godly, spiritual way,” she stated.
Beverly then went on to recount how, with the birth of each of their children, Ayinde became increasingly physically and mentally abusive to everyone in the home. The woman told jurors that Ayinde, who did not have faith in doctors, actually delivered their last three children himself without being medically supervised.
The children were also home-schooled but according to Beverly their curriculum was not approved by any board of education.
There were obscene forms of torture that Beverly claims she and the children were forced to bear. “He threatened he would kill my children. He would cut them up and put them in different places and I wouldn’t be able to prove anything because I didn’t have a birth certificate for any of them,” Beverly lamented. When the woman was questioned as to why she could not pick up the phone and report her husband’s cruelty, she responded by stating, “The way things were in the house, I couldn’t just do something,” she said, still crying. “There would be hell to pay.”
Ayinde’s den of iniquity finally came to a halt when one of his daughters summoned up the courage to contact police in 2006; she was 19-years-old. The unnamed woman, who is now 22-years-old, informed police investigators about her house of horrors and how she got pregnant by her dad and gave birth at age 15. She told them how she and her two other sisters bore their father a total of six children.
Ayinde is currently serving 40 years in prison after being convicted on all counts of molesting one of his daughters from about age 8 until she bore his child as a teenager.
Originally seen on NewsOne.com
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31