Shaquille O’Neal’s former mistress, Vanessa Lopez, has her law team deposing what many would call a “questionable witness” to the stand to testify against the ex-NBA star.
Shawn Darling, a one-time employee of O’Neal, is expected to assert that the legendary NBA superstar ordered him to spy on Lopez, RadarOnline.com is reporting.
Now this is where it gets interesting.
Darling is a convicted felon with a lengthy criminal record — an ex-convict who has been arrested or charged in more than 15 criminal cases in the Midwest. Among them, in 1999, Darling was sentenced to 32 months in a federal prison in Wisconsin for bank fraud and misuse of Social Security numbers.
Lopez filed a lawsuit against O’Neal in Orange County, Florida. She claims Shaq started harassing her shortly after she told him she thought she was pregnant; and that the former NBA center initially accused her of sleeping with someone else. When she broke off their relationship, she claims the threats began.
Shaq tried to get the lawsuit dismissed but his motion was denied. His camp believes Darling is a disgruntled employee and alleges that he tried to extort a $12 million payment from the NBA star.
“Shawn Darling, a computer consultant engaged by basketball star Shaquille O’Neal to install and service a home theater and then service personal computer equipment, copied without permission thousands of emails and communications from Mr. O’Neal. Darling, an ex-convict with a long criminal record that he failed to disclose and hid from Mr. O’Neal, has demanded $12 million in exchange for not releasing Mr. O’Neal’s personal and confidential emails and communications. When Mr. O’Neal refused to be extorted, Darling filed a lawsuit claiming “invasion of privacy and emotional distress,” Shaq’s attorney Benjamine Reid previously said in a statement.
Celebs Caught Creepin'
1. Amber Rose & Wiz KhalifaSource:PR Photos 1 of 34
2. Chris Brown & KarruecheSource:Instagram 2 of 34
3. Future & CiaraSource:Instagram 3 of 34
4. Mariah Carey & Nick CannonSource:PR Photos 4 of 34
5. D-Wade & Gabrielle Union5 of 34
6. Ludacris & Eudoxie6 of 34
7. Tina Campbell & Teddy7 of 34
8. Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom8 of 34
9. Tina & Mathew Knowles9 of 34
10. Joe Budden & Tahiry10 of 34
11. Arnold Schwarzenegger & Maria Shriver11 of 34
12. Tiki Barber & Traci Lynn Johnson12 of 34
13. Jesse James & Sandra Bullock13 of 34
14. Eddie Cibrian & LeAnn Rimes14 of 34
15. Paula Patton & Robin Thicke15 of 34
16. The Dream16 of 34
17. Tiger Woods & Elin17 of 34
18. Josh & Fergie18 of 34
19. Tameka & Usher19 of 34
20. Chili20 of 34
21. Ashton & Demi21 of 34
22. Eric Benet & Halle Berry22 of 34
23. Ashley & Cherly Cole23 of 34
24. Kim Porter24 of 34
25. J Lo & Cris Judd25 of 34
26. Dayanara Torres, Marc Anthony & J Lo26 of 34
27. Tony Parker & Eva Longoria27 of 34
28. Kobe & Vanessa Bryant28 of 34
29. Shar Jackson29 of 34
30. Gracelle Beauvais30 of 34
31. Ev & Ocho31 of 34
32. Brad, Angie & Jen32 of 34
33. Fantasia & Antwaun33 of 34
34. Swizz Beatz & Alicia Keys34 of 34