UPDATE: 3:30 P.M. EST: More details have emerged in the “Make It Rain” saga of Trey Songz.
The NY Daily News reports that the 28-year-old singer threw a “wad of cash” at Donna McIntosh-Inoe, 36, after she took a picture of him with her cell phone in the VIP section of Club Perfection in Queens, New York.
“He chucked a wad of cash at me,” McIntosh-Inoe told the Daily News. “A wad of cash.
“I didn’t even know I had a bruise on my face until after I left the club,” she said. “I had to walk around a whole week with a black eye.”
According to McIntosh-Inoe, Songz grabbed her phone and tried to delete the picture, and when he couldn’t figure out how to work her phone, he threw the cash at her. McIntosh-Inoe believes that if she were a stripper, she would have been treated with more respect:
“Everyone else was taking a picture,” she said. “The difference for me and the other girls is that they were naked and I had clothes on.”
McIntosh-Inoe and her husband allegedly paid $700 to sit in the singer’s album release party for “Studio V,” and couldn’t believe how disrespectful he was to her:
“It was insulting that he just threw something,” she said. “He was verbally disrespectful as well. . . . He embarrassed me in front of everyone in the club.”
She felt so disrespected, in fact, that she claims she didn’t pick up the money and pressed charges instead.
R&B crooner, Trey Songz, has made millions of dollars by singing sex-drenched ballads to women around the world. But now the heartthrob has been charged with assault after throwing some of those dollars and smacking a woman in the eye with them at a strip club in Queens, New York.
Songz (real name Tremaine Neverson) had an album release party on August 21 at a gentleman’s club in Queens. According to police, somewhere between 4:00 and 4:15 AM on the 22nd, Trey became involved in an altercation inside the club.
Cops described the incident this way in the criminal complaint: “Tremaine Neverson, did throw a sum of United States currency at the complainant and said sum of United States currency struck the complainant’s left eye causing substantial pain to her left eye.”
It is unclear if the woman in question was … how do we say this nicely … a stripper.
Songz was not arrested that night, but rather a month later for misdemeanor assault. Songz had a court date in NY on November 1 and an order of protection was issued. He is due back in court in February.
How Songz’ camp managed to keep this a secret is anyone’s guess.
The real question, though, is will the charges stick. If the woman was indeed a stripper, isn’t getting dollar bills thrown at you an occupational hazard? Whatever the judge rules will affect strip club etiquette around the world (note sarcasm).
Songz’ international tour, Chapter V, also recently made headlines as the last event attended by 22-year-old Kasandra Perkins, who was murdered in the early hours of December 1 by her boyfriend, Kansas City linebacker, Jovan Belcher, 25, after returning home from the concert at the Midland Theater and an after-party.
After shooting Perkins 9 times, he kissed her and their 3-month-old daughter, Zoey, drove to Arrowhead Stadium and shot himself in the head.
Speculation quickly began to swirl that Belcher killed Perkins in a jealous rage over some imagined relationship with Trey Songz, but the singer quickly took to Twitter to deny any involvement:
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading UPDATE: Trey Songz Arrested On Assault Charges For ‘Making It Rain’ On A Stripper?