The racial hatred toward President Barack Obama never ends.

It was bad enough that conservative blowhard Ann Coulter called Obama a “retard,” but now that Obama has soundly thrashed Mitt Romney to re-claim the White House, angry bigots are coming out of the shadows.

Take Denise Helms, a 22-year-old California woman who was living in complete obscurity until last week’s racial meltdown.

“Another 4 years of this nigger,” Helms wrote on her Facebook page on Election Night. “Maybe he will get assassinated this term…”

Helms’ bigoted comments went viral instantly and she became a dubious celebrity of sorts overnight.

I’m not surprised by Helms’ racist rant on Facebook. And she’s not alone.

Helms is probably saying publicly what many conservatives are saying – or thinking – privately, much like Romney’s infamous secret video where he told a group of wealthy donors that “47 percent” of Obama’s supporters are mooching off the system and do not take personal responsibility for their lives.

Sadly, many conservatives will never see Obama as a brilliant Harvard Law School graduate, a caring father and husband, a compassionate visionary who defied the odds to win election to the White House — twice. Many Republicans will only focus on race – America’s first African American president who has been rudely reduced to the N-word.

In an interview with Fox in Sacramento, Helms said: “I didn’t think it would be that big of a deal. The assassination part [of her post] is kind of harsh. I’m not saying like I would go do anything like that, by any means. But if it was to happen, [an assassination] I don’t think I’d care one bit.”

Helms also said that her use of the N-word does not mean she’s a racist.

Yes, it does.

“Apparently a lot of people in Sacramento think I’m crazy and racist,” Helms posted on her Facebook page in a follow-up response.
“WOW is all I got to say!! I’m not racist and I’m not crazy. Just simply stating my opinion.!!!”

But when asked by Fox, she “equated the president with the n-word,” Helms responded: “Sure.”

So one week after the presidential election, where 58 million Americans voted against the president, Obama is faced with another monumental challenge: He must meet with congressional Republicans on Friday to avoid a so-called “fiscal cliff” – a set of devastating tax increases that will take effect in January and could cripple the economy.

Obama has two choices: Compromise with Republicans or prepare for a prolonged legislative fight. Either way, Obama will be sparring with some congressional conservatives who may view him in the same way as Helms.

America is more racially divided today than ever before – and it’s getting worse, in large part because conservatives won’t accept a black man in the White House. The president doesn’t have to dwell on it, but he does have to live with it.”

Since Obama took office in 2008, the number of hate groups has increased significantly from coast to coast. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks white supremacist groups, there are 1,018 active hate groups in America. And as the nation becomes blacker and browner, more racists are rising up against the ever-changing racial demographics of our society.

Helms may be part of those hate groups, we don’t know for sure. What I do know is this: Helms is ignorant – and her ignorance got her fired from her job at the Cold Stone Creamery.

“We found her comments to be very disgusting, and they do not reflect our opinions here,” Chris Kegle, the store director, told reporters.

“We made the decision [to fire her] because of her comments, but also the community feedback,” Kegle said. “We are very into working with the community and doing community service. So when your community does not like you because of an employee, that’s bad. We have a business to run.”

Racists like Helms are everywhere. They work in places like Cold Stone Creamery – and on Capitol Hill. Conservative bigots will continue to attack Obama during his next four years in office and try to block most – if not all – of his legislative initiatives. I know it. You know it. The president knows it.

Here’s the truth: There are many Republicans on Capitol Hill who will never be able to look past Obama’s blackness to offer the kind of bipartisan support and leadership needed to move America forward.

And while millions of Americans – blacks, whites, Latinos and Asians – genuinely want to see Obama succeed, there will forever be racists like Helms who can only see a “nigger” in the White House.

But that’s her problem. I prefer to call him Mr. President.

14 thoughts on “COMMENTARY: Obama: Four More Years of Racism

1. honnesttalk on said:

Black Liberals think that all they have to do is attribute “racism” to “something (i.e., anything)” with which they do not agree and the “something” is to be ignored (i.e., end of discussion, the “something” has no merit).

• honnesttalk on said:

Four more years of racism by BLACK LIBERALS!!!

Starting with Obama and Holder defending against criticism by labeling any criticism as rooted in racism.

Two sorry morons.

P.S. I voted for Obama in 2008. I listened and watched the now CERTIFIED LIAR for 4 years. I voted for Romney in 2012. Am I now a racist?

2. Whiteguy on said:

I didn’t read the article but I can assure everyone that the following fact is true.
    READY? 90% of all interracial crime is by blacks to whites. blacks are 13% of the population in america but 76% of the prison population. There is not a country, city or neighborhood in this world that is black that is not a ghetto. I’m not racist but I like facts. For daily articles go to chimpout, niqqermania, irateirishman. Also you can google fun niqqer facts. Finally whites voted for obama…..remember the 13% of the population? A one more point……….blacks have been slaughtered in latin america. Argentina killed most. Blacks have no better home than the USA. WHites are luved everywhere……….we invented everything.

3. taftann on said:

Hoping somebody gets killed is so sad, I know a person that said he wished the President and his wife was dead, I can tell you you the person that said it got killed and he was only 36 he was standing still and a white man hit him he never saw it coming, people better be careful what they say and yes this girl is a racist and I wouldn’t want her for a friend, what are the white people that voted for him? I can guess what she thinks about the Latinos. I hate to stand in these people shoes on the day of judgement, I’m sure they got their own belief’s about GOD maybe they hate GOD because he made us all in his image. It really shows you what kind of people they are.

4. Gaywrites on said:

No one asked you. Hows about this fact Ghettotronics: your the mfing Devil ok? You see, it’s jusy as you thought everytime a black person goes to say some shit Shity, here come yha’ll mf’ers! If it wasn’t for you assholes were would the world be? Look it up. Google search the meaning of: The Devil.

5. Where to start?

Firstly, if you’re the kind of guy that comments on articles he hasn’t read, you clearly aren’t very well-informed.

Secondly, I won’t even challenge those statistics (they’re probably all correct) – but every remotely intelligent person knows that statistics can be bastardized to represent anything. They are meaningless except in very strict contexts.

Now you clearly haven’t thought very hard about the situation of the negro race, so I’ll paint a picture for you. White people on the whole come from Europe (I am European myself, which is why I’m infinitely more intelligent than you) – the climate across most of the continent provides very fertile farmland, so Europe prospered throughout most of history. In contrast to this, Africa (the home of the negro race) is a very harsh continent – the climates are extreme, there are a variety of dangerous species, disease is rampant (due to the climate). Is it really surprising that European nations flourished, whereas Africa struggled to progress?

Following on from this, I don’t know if you are aware, but at one point European nations colonized most of the planet (that’s, sadly, how America was born). Africa was essentially raped by half of Europe, it’s resources stripped from the land, it’s people subjected to foreign rule, or worse still, slavery. This went on for over 300 hundred years. It’s hasn’t even been 50 years since the oppresion of negros was ended in the US (and barely 20 in the likes of South Africa). Do you really believe 300 years of damage can be undone in 50 years? Certainly not when lots of morons take on the view of ‘look at these black people failing and white people succeeding, clearly we’re superior, and it has nothing to do with the centuries of oppression they have suffered’.

Lastly, ‘whites are loved everywhere’? Not true in the slightest – you clearly aren’t very well traveled. Also, given that I presume you’re an American, I regret to inform you that the entire world, in fact, hates you – and will continue to do so until China overtake you as world superpower. Same thing happened with the British – it takes a generation or two for other countries to stop hating them.

Also, given that you like statistics so much – any guess as to which race has perpetrated the most genocide in history? How killed the most innocent people? Yep. Whites.

Anyway, I hope you read all that, and maybe you’ll actually learn something and develop into an intelligent human being. Good luck.

6. Mr Kris Karl on said:

First of all, we never should have stopped whooping ass over the N-word. It tends to be used less when there are consequences and repercussions. And to Ms. Helms.. How dare you speak on the President like that, what else can you do besides eat, have health care, get an android phone. You probably need all of the above being that the Coldstone Empire deemed your services no longer needed. I guess that “n-word” had your best interest in mind after all.

7. Gaywrites on said:

Make him the Secretary(sry) of Job Creation…or the Secretary Leader of the Homeland Security so that we can get interviewed for jobs that will get “us” bit#hes!!!!?

8. Gaywrites on said:

How come no one asks Bill Clinton for help except to get elected. Is he the only smart politician there ever was? How come he can’t be the Secratary of some sh*t!!?

9. Gaywrites on said:

How come George Bush hadn’t these type of problems from the black legilatures like “you know who” for example. How is this a problem now for the “first” black Democratic President? Does that mean that I am wrong about myself again?

10. Denise Helms and others who share her views will talk provocatively on social networks like Facebook because they have a captive audience. Her disclaimer, ” I’m not a racist and I’m not crazy”. Yeah…..right! Who are you trying to kid? The angry bigots were always around even if they were in the closet. Mr. President, there are only two absolutes in politics…..hard ball and hard feelings. You saw both exhibited during the 2010 elections. They got manifested during this presidential campaign. You are going to have to come out swinging like Muhammad Ali not Steve Urkel. Nice guys don’t finish last in America anymore…….they become “road kill.”