There’s no point in being rich or being the mother of someone rich and famous … if you can’t use it as leverage to get your butt out of trouble.
But then there’s abusing the power and overdoing it over and over, so to speak.
Such is the case, says Jose Lambiet’s Gossip Extra, regarding Miami Heat superstar LeBron James’ mom, Gloria James, who’s getting the VIP treatment from South Florida law enforcement authorities.
Attorney Robert Stok wrote a bitter letter to Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle‘s office listing instances in which Gloria James hasn’t been getting the same treatment as regular James.
Stok represents Rock Feller Sorel, the Fontainebleau Miami Beach valet who was allegedly slapped by a drunk Gloria James last year in an argument over the speed of Sorel’s service.
Sorel is suing for damages, but what ticks off Stok is what he claims is the kid-glove treatment.
For example, 44-year-old Gloria, Stok says, should have rotted in the slammer for a while after she was arrested and charged with battery and disorderly intoxication.
Instead, she was released to a Miami Heat executive after being issued a court appearance ticket.
“Enough is enough,” Stok wrote. He declined to comment on the letter exclusively obtained by Gossip Extra.
Here’s an excerpt of Stok’s missive:
“Since Ms. James’ arrest on April 7, 2011 she has abused her quasi-celebrity status and flouted the justice system.
At the time she was arrested, she refused to cooperate with the arresting police officers.
Despite the fact that she was arrested for disorderly intoxication, an arrest typically requiring overnight incarceration, she was released from the booking station almost immediately to a Miami Heat executive.
She was offered her initial pre-trial diversion program without your office having consulted with our client first and ultimately the offer was made against his wishes.
In the civil case, she missed two court ordered mediations and was sanctioned by the trial court for her continuing misconduct.”
Stok also takes a swipe at the pre-trial diversion program offered by the State Attorney’s office to Gloria James earlier this year in which she completed community service instead of jail in the valet-slapping incident.
Stok writes the woman has “a long history of criminal arrests in her home state of Ohio” and should not have been allowed in pre-trial intervention.
When asked in an email if the State Attorney’s office is being overprotective of Gloria James, Spokesman Ed Griffith simply said: “No!”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25