There’s no point in being rich or being the mother of someone rich and famous … if you can’t use it as leverage to get your butt out of trouble.
But then there’s abusing the power and overdoing it over and over, so to speak.
Such is the case, says Jose Lambiet’s Gossip Extra, regarding Miami Heat superstar LeBron James’ mom, Gloria James, who’s getting the VIP treatment from South Florida law enforcement authorities.
Attorney Robert Stok wrote a bitter letter to Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle‘s office listing instances in which Gloria James hasn’t been getting the same treatment as regular James.
Stok represents Rock Feller Sorel, the Fontainebleau Miami Beach valet who was allegedly slapped by a drunk Gloria James last year in an argument over the speed of Sorel’s service.
Sorel is suing for damages, but what ticks off Stok is what he claims is the kid-glove treatment.
For example, 44-year-old Gloria, Stok says, should have rotted in the slammer for a while after she was arrested and charged with battery and disorderly intoxication.
Instead, she was released to a Miami Heat executive after being issued a court appearance ticket.
“Enough is enough,” Stok wrote. He declined to comment on the letter exclusively obtained by Gossip Extra.
Here’s an excerpt of Stok’s missive:
“Since Ms. James’ arrest on April 7, 2011 she has abused her quasi-celebrity status and flouted the justice system.
At the time she was arrested, she refused to cooperate with the arresting police officers.
Despite the fact that she was arrested for disorderly intoxication, an arrest typically requiring overnight incarceration, she was released from the booking station almost immediately to a Miami Heat executive.
She was offered her initial pre-trial diversion program without your office having consulted with our client first and ultimately the offer was made against his wishes.
In the civil case, she missed two court ordered mediations and was sanctioned by the trial court for her continuing misconduct.”
Stok also takes a swipe at the pre-trial diversion program offered by the State Attorney’s office to Gloria James earlier this year in which she completed community service instead of jail in the valet-slapping incident.
Stok writes the woman has “a long history of criminal arrests in her home state of Ohio” and should not have been allowed in pre-trial intervention.
When asked in an email if the State Attorney’s office is being overprotective of Gloria James, Spokesman Ed Griffith simply said: “No!”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31