Rich in history and boundless beauty benefits, these three impressive and powerful oils will carry you and your skin through one season and into the next.
Myrrh (Latin name: Commiphora myrrha)
As a natural beauty treatment, myrrh has to be one of the best oils to nourish the skin, improve circulation, and there is not a better oil for imparting a natural healthy glow to the complexion.
It is used by aromatherapist because it is a powerful astringent, and can heal blemishes quickly. Another important use for myrrh oil is on older, mature skin, as well as to prevent premature aging.
In addition to its anti-aging, and anti-wrinkle properties, myrrh is now looked to for its wound healing ability. It is considered an oral anatomy oil for its distinctive ability to effectively eliminate mouth and throat infections, soreness and inflammation.
Myrrh is also used in beauty products because of its long shelf life.
Why use myrrh? It makes the skin look better and feel softer…instantly.
Cedarwood (Latin name: Juniperus virginiana)
If you are looking to clear a blemish or a rashe, don’t hesitate to pick up a bottle of cedarwood essential oil. An antiseptic, a general tonic, a nourishing skin relief oil, a gum strengthener/teeth protector, a dandruff ointment…there are so many incredible healing properties associated with this oil!
Cedarwood also balances the natural oil already in skin, making it beneficial for both oily and dry skin.
Two important things to remember:
Only use cedarwood in low concentrations to avoid skin irritation.
Do not use if you are pregnant.
Why cedarwood? Add it to your favorite carrier oil and experience the regenerative benefits…your skin will look flawless.
Frankincense (Latin name: Boswellia carteri)
Frankincense should be called royal beauty in the bottle. It has a long and regal history dating back to Egypt – and the entire Nile Valley region!
Frankincense oil can be rubbed over the whole body, and its soothing, softening, regenerating and rejuvenating properties can almost immediately be felt. It does wonders on dry, mature skin. It fades scars. Its powerful astringent properties also help tone the skin, resulting in a smooth and youthful appearance. It’s even a natural perfume!
Why frankincense? From cell regeneration to reducing age spots and healing wounds, frankincense continues to be a beauty enhancer…possibly even the new Botox.
Frankincense Moisturizing Cream Recipe
3 ounces jojoba oil
3 ounces water
1 ounce beeswax
8 drops rose absolute
21 drops frankincense
1. Melt the wax and the jojoba oil in a double boiler; allow to cool to lukewarm temperature.
2. Add the rose and frankincense essential oils .
3. Warm the water slightly and place in blender.
4. Add the wax/jojoba oil/essential oil mixture to the water slowly.
5. Blend until a cream forms.
Store in the refrigerator.
Before Using Essential Oils…
Remember that essential oils, including the ones above, must be diluted in carrier oils. Also, before using, be sure to test your oil on a section of your arm, just to make sure you don’t have an adverse reaction.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25