Rich in history and boundless beauty benefits, these three impressive and powerful oils will carry you and your skin through one season and into the next.
Myrrh (Latin name: Commiphora myrrha)
As a natural beauty treatment, myrrh has to be one of the best oils to nourish the skin, improve circulation, and there is not a better oil for imparting a natural healthy glow to the complexion.
It is used by aromatherapist because it is a powerful astringent, and can heal blemishes quickly. Another important use for myrrh oil is on older, mature skin, as well as to prevent premature aging.
In addition to its anti-aging, and anti-wrinkle properties, myrrh is now looked to for its wound healing ability. It is considered an oral anatomy oil for its distinctive ability to effectively eliminate mouth and throat infections, soreness and inflammation.
Myrrh is also used in beauty products because of its long shelf life.
Why use myrrh? It makes the skin look better and feel softer…instantly.
Cedarwood (Latin name: Juniperus virginiana)
If you are looking to clear a blemish or a rashe, don’t hesitate to pick up a bottle of cedarwood essential oil. An antiseptic, a general tonic, a nourishing skin relief oil, a gum strengthener/teeth protector, a dandruff ointment…there are so many incredible healing properties associated with this oil!
Cedarwood also balances the natural oil already in skin, making it beneficial for both oily and dry skin.
Two important things to remember:
Only use cedarwood in low concentrations to avoid skin irritation.
Do not use if you are pregnant.
Why cedarwood? Add it to your favorite carrier oil and experience the regenerative benefits…your skin will look flawless.
Frankincense (Latin name: Boswellia carteri)
Frankincense should be called royal beauty in the bottle. It has a long and regal history dating back to Egypt – and the entire Nile Valley region!
Frankincense oil can be rubbed over the whole body, and its soothing, softening, regenerating and rejuvenating properties can almost immediately be felt. It does wonders on dry, mature skin. It fades scars. Its powerful astringent properties also help tone the skin, resulting in a smooth and youthful appearance. It’s even a natural perfume!
Why frankincense? From cell regeneration to reducing age spots and healing wounds, frankincense continues to be a beauty enhancer…possibly even the new Botox.
Frankincense Moisturizing Cream Recipe
3 ounces jojoba oil
3 ounces water
1 ounce beeswax
8 drops rose absolute
21 drops frankincense
1. Melt the wax and the jojoba oil in a double boiler; allow to cool to lukewarm temperature.
2. Add the rose and frankincense essential oils .
3. Warm the water slightly and place in blender.
4. Add the wax/jojoba oil/essential oil mixture to the water slowly.
5. Blend until a cream forms.
Store in the refrigerator.
Before Using Essential Oils…
Remember that essential oils, including the ones above, must be diluted in carrier oils. Also, before using, be sure to test your oil on a section of your arm, just to make sure you don’t have an adverse reaction.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/7-10/14)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Nite | to the tune of @cnn 😞
1 of 25
2. Got so much work to do but I just wanna stay in bed and binge watch #Gameofthrones and start the new season of #OnceUponATime. I know I can't be the only one. Right? Ha 💤🦁🍂 #saturday
2 of 25
3. Mommy's weekend turn up ❤️👶🏾💕🍼 Wouldn't trade it for nothing. #TeamNoSleep lol #HesMyBiggestBlessing ✨
3 of 25
4. One of them oh shit mont we made it feelings … this shit still be unreal 💯💪🏾 @remyboymonty1738
4 of 25
5. Tickets Available October 14 @ticketmaster.
5 of 25
6. People magazine Home edition has raided my house! Get a sneak peek into the bedroom life of the Leakes and see other parts of my home now at PEOPLE.COM
6 of 25
7. They want to kick you when you down, but kick it when you up
7 of 25
8. Got my advance copy of #Mafia3 at @gamestop. Get yours via link in the bio #Mafia3 #Ad
8 of 25
9. This is some of the cast and our diverse team of writers in the writer's room creating funny sh*t for @nbcmarlon what a fun room! Lots of jokes, great stories and having a great time doing what we love... making people laugh and feel something. Look out for our show next year @nbcmarlon we bringing sitcoms back to NBC
9 of 25
10. #HappySunday☀️Thank you @4everbrandy101 💛💡💛
10 of 25
11. Happy to be back in Central Falls, RI breaking ground for the One Stop Health Center and hosting a local community event with #Vaseline.
11 of 25
12. Thank you all in advance 💋💋💋 #Repost @urbansvintage・・・#TarajiPHenson's memoir #AroundTheWayGirl will be available everywhere TODAY October 11th! Will you be purchasing a copy? #UrbansVintage
12 of 25
13. Moms got my back
13 of 25
14. @galore dinner party glo ✨ thanks to @styledbygiigii
14 of 25
15. 🌹#ThisIsWhatTheTruthFeelsLikeTOUR #forevereve
15 of 25
16. Yes, all those videos I've been posting have led to this: the introduction of skincare to @TYRABeauty! This is the rundown on the new line:Years of research and beauty tips I live by led me to produce the most effective and delightful skincare out there. I'm all about taking really good care of my skin, so I can look like I'm aging in #TyraYears and go filter free on Instagram when I feel like it! Now, it's your turn. ✨My Mama always told me not to wash my face with just my hands. "Tyra, girl, you're just moving the dirt around!" And I've listened. First up is The Clean Machine.... ...a 3-in-1 foaming face wash that cleanses, removes makeup and purified your skin. It has patented technology - a attached Turbo Cleansing Tool - to give you that deep clean that makes your skin feel super fresh. Wanna know more? Yeah, baby. Click that link in my bio.
16 of 25
17. On set of #beingmaryjane like... ❤️😬💃🏾
17 of 25
18. #carouselofhope@yvetteshelton100@makeupbylatrice @thestacetheface@marialuciahohan24
18 of 25
19. I refuse to let a little cold stop me from my daily routines to greatness. #onlythestrongsurvive #warriors
19 of 25
20. Big things begin with big THINKING... #BusinessEthics #SetLife 🎥
20 of 25
21. Goodnight - here's a song
21 of 25
22. Words can't explain the feeling that I have right now.....God is good. look momma I made it. #Harts #Blessed #WhatNow #comedicrockstarshit #4DaysAway
22 of 25
23. I tried to get a better video with out the nasty bib but she started getting mad at me..lol! Big cuz @the_queen_caitlin trying to show her what to do. #MamasToots #HeirBear👑💜
23 of 25
24. Gorgeous Serena joined Beyoncé in Formation last night on stage in New Jersey!!!
24 of 25
25. 😜 @lifeofdesiigner & @rockohill
25 of 25