Rich in history and boundless beauty benefits, these three impressive and powerful oils will carry you and your skin through one season and into the next.
Myrrh (Latin name: Commiphora myrrha)
As a natural beauty treatment, myrrh has to be one of the best oils to nourish the skin, improve circulation, and there is not a better oil for imparting a natural healthy glow to the complexion.
It is used by aromatherapist because it is a powerful astringent, and can heal blemishes quickly. Another important use for myrrh oil is on older, mature skin, as well as to prevent premature aging.
In addition to its anti-aging, and anti-wrinkle properties, myrrh is now looked to for its wound healing ability. It is considered an oral anatomy oil for its distinctive ability to effectively eliminate mouth and throat infections, soreness and inflammation.
Myrrh is also used in beauty products because of its long shelf life.
Why use myrrh? It makes the skin look better and feel softer…instantly.
Cedarwood (Latin name: Juniperus virginiana)
If you are looking to clear a blemish or a rashe, don’t hesitate to pick up a bottle of cedarwood essential oil. An antiseptic, a general tonic, a nourishing skin relief oil, a gum strengthener/teeth protector, a dandruff ointment…there are so many incredible healing properties associated with this oil!
Cedarwood also balances the natural oil already in skin, making it beneficial for both oily and dry skin.
Two important things to remember:
Only use cedarwood in low concentrations to avoid skin irritation.
Do not use if you are pregnant.
Why cedarwood? Add it to your favorite carrier oil and experience the regenerative benefits…your skin will look flawless.
Frankincense (Latin name: Boswellia carteri)
Frankincense should be called royal beauty in the bottle. It has a long and regal history dating back to Egypt – and the entire Nile Valley region!
Frankincense oil can be rubbed over the whole body, and its soothing, softening, regenerating and rejuvenating properties can almost immediately be felt. It does wonders on dry, mature skin. It fades scars. Its powerful astringent properties also help tone the skin, resulting in a smooth and youthful appearance. It’s even a natural perfume!
Why frankincense? From cell regeneration to reducing age spots and healing wounds, frankincense continues to be a beauty enhancer…possibly even the new Botox.
Frankincense Moisturizing Cream Recipe
3 ounces jojoba oil
3 ounces water
1 ounce beeswax
8 drops rose absolute
21 drops frankincense
1. Melt the wax and the jojoba oil in a double boiler; allow to cool to lukewarm temperature.
2. Add the rose and frankincense essential oils .
3. Warm the water slightly and place in blender.
4. Add the wax/jojoba oil/essential oil mixture to the water slowly.
5. Blend until a cream forms.
Store in the refrigerator.
Before Using Essential Oils…
Remember that essential oils, including the ones above, must be diluted in carrier oils. Also, before using, be sure to test your oil on a section of your arm, just to make sure you don’t have an adverse reaction.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30