Got questions about fitness? Text them to “646464” (OHOHOH).
From AJ Johnson:
TRANSITION21 Day 1
Today is Day 1 of the new you! The fact that you are here means you are ready for a change? You are curious about what has to be done to create your better? You’ve tried everything you think should work, it hasn’t and before you give up, here you are? Your answer may be one of these reasons or all of the above. The great news is you are here and we are excited to help you find your better!
Better means different things for different people. In THE AJ ZONE, we believe that the first step to correcting things-righting the wrongs- is to properly identify the issue! Let’s take today and do some self research. Where are you blocked? What, who is in the way of your better? BE HONEST! All we want to do today, day 1, is to simply acknowledge where we are blocked. Write it down. I do this daily, as each day presents new obstacles, so I constantly redesign the way to MY better. Is it nutritional? Spiritual? Mental? Decide what’s blocking your better. We’ll get to work on unblocking tomorrow!
Click here for daily instructions on THE AJ ZONE.
Dozens of celebrities and athletes don’t set foot on a stage or in a sports venue before working with celebrity lifestylist AJ Johnson.
Johnson, known for her roles in several movies, including “Baby Boy,” “House Party” and “The Inkwell,” is also founder of THE AJ ZONE, an ultimate experience for those truly serious about improving their nutritional, and spiritual lifestyles.
“As a celebrity lifestylist I can tell you this, just when you think you’ve reached your best, we help you reach your better,” Johnson said in a statement announcing “A Day with AJ,” a traveling tour Johnson took to obese cities and colleges across the country, to get the message out about fitness and nutrition.
She has said her goal is to improve the health and wellness – physically and spiritually – of others, one community at a time.
On Aug. 8, Johnson kicks off a “Transform in 21” challenge on the Tom Joyner Morning Show. Detailed weekly instructions will be posted on her website.
At age 17, Johnson lost her mother to cancer and her father several years later. She has been a spokeswoman for the American Cancer Society, hosted the VH1 reality fitness competition “From Flab to Fab” and conducts numerous magazine interviews, as well as television and personal appearances, to promote healthy living.
On his death bed, Johnson’s father told her, “You’re not able to save me, but take all of who you are and what you know and go save the world.”
Johnson majored in psychology and chemistry major at Spelman College in Atlanta, Ga. , graduating Magna cum Laude in Psychology, but she chose Hollywood over med school, found a job within two months of her arrival and has been working ever since.
Johnson also hosts seminars and classes for corporations and magazines and even led a group of celebrity clients in sunrise yoga classes during an island retreat. She has taken her talents to a wide range of venues, including Spelman College, the CIAA Conference, the Black Lawyers Association, the Black MBA Association and the Proctor & Gamble My Black Is Beautiful tour.
Her celebrity clients include actress Gabrielle Union, NBA star Dwayne Wade, entertainers Chaka Khan, Beyonce, India Arie, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams.
Testimonials on Johnson’s website, range from people who lost weight because they wanted to look better to a woman who, with her doctor’s supervision, is on track to get off blood pressure medication by following the plan.
“I’ve just been helping people get healthy, stay healthy. So THE AJ ZONE is where you go to get your better,” Johnson told Hello Beautiful in an interview.
“I think too many people try to diet. That’s not what THE AJ ZONE is about. It’s about living a healthy lifestyle. So when you choose better you are better.”
Click here for answers to your fitness questions from AJ Johnson.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30