Charlie Sheen sat down with Good Morning America to reflect on his career hiatus and to discuss his upcoming projects.
Sheen, who was once the highest paid actor in Hollywood, spent the last year in rehab stemming from drug abuse and erratic behavior. Last year the actor bombarded headlines with his controversial actions including interviews where he claimed to possess “tiger’s blood and Adonis DNA.” He also coined his extreme career implosion as “winning.”
While his behavior was assumed to be related to his drug abuse, the actor claimed that he was high on “Charlie Sheen.” During his tirade, Sheen was fired from CBS’s hit show Two and a Half Men and was involved in several disputes with the show’s creator, Chuck Lorre.
Now, Sheen is gearing up for the premiere of FX’s Anger Management where he plays a role he is all too familiar with: an anger management therapist. The actor was recently cast to play the president in Robert Rodriguez’s Machete sequel.
Sheen admitted that he is no longer on drugs but he is finding it difficult to give up alcohol.
“We live in a country where it’s always Miller Time so what are you going to do? It’s happy hour somewhere in the world,” Sheen said.
Sheen’s stint in rehab last year wasn’t his first. The actor has had several run-ins with the law related to drug abuse and domestic violence.
“I don’t believe in rehab anymore,” Sheen said. “It’s not for me. It’s not for everyone. It’s not a one-size-fits-all and it didn’t fit me.”
Sheen did admit that he let his out of control behavior go too far.
“The key for me would have been the advice I got when I was in anger management myself for a year and that is you can always leave the room,” the actor explained.
Sheen said he looks back on his actions as a chance to grow and is looking forward to newer roles including one in the Roman Coppola film, A Glimpse Into the Mind of Charles Swan III. A role where he can once again, tap into characterizations in his own personality.
“It is odd to look at some of the clips and some of the stuff and think, ‘Wow that was me, that was me. Wow,’” he said. “It’s a crazy character study on some level that will hopefully be valuable in the future.”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30