There’s nothing like a woman who’s in her flow. When she’s in her groove not only is life good for her but everyone around her reaps the benefits.
Being in her flow is a result of her feeding her spirit. It’s when she’s free to live beyond one role in her life but she can in fact fulfill all the roles that make sense to her. I’m not talking about being “Everywoman;” For her it’s enough to be her OWN woman.
Multiple roles are nothing new to us. As women seeking and achieving success, we often find ourselves wearing various hats to successfully function in our roles of mother, daughter, sister-friend, lover, boss, employee, performer, writer, preacher, teacher, and the list goes on. We must discover and find effective ways to make time to do what is important to us. For some reason, when we fall in love we tend to give up our power. We forget about how we had-it-going-on before the relationship. Remember, that’s why he fell for you in the first place – because you are a desirable and a valuable woman.
There is so much more to today’s woman than meets the eye. At any given moment, a sister may be working as a vice president of a bank, political activist, or secretary. On the right, she’s a mother, a sister-friend, a girlfriend or wife. Look to the left, this sister is flowing as producer, actress, soul-singer, rap diva or dancer. These are the dynamics of being a multi-faceted.
Some of us get stuck in one or two roles. Not because there’s not more to us, but because life can be overwhelming. We need to keep our motivation and sense of self. Stay focused on the dream that makes us feel free, creative, smart or special. Our spiritual, mental and financial survival requires us to function in all of our roles without shame or guilt. Creating satisfaction in our inner-most self is as essential as breathing.
You can’t be all things to all people all the time. But if you are savvy, you can be all of yourself for yourself. There’s skill and technique involved in knowing how to be the desirable woman at work, who looks a lot different from the woman at home, the woman in bed, the woman in prayer, or the woman on stage. Our various roles require that we utilize different abilities. It’s not only knowing how to speak or move in a particular role, it’s also knowing when to do it and when to pull back. For instance, speaking to your child should not sound like you’re in a poetry slam. And how you interact with your man should not mirror your behavior in a business meeting. Leave that tight butt, control freak in the office. How you laugh out loud, from the gut, with your girls is different than laughing with someone you just met. Why? It’s because different roles require different attitudes, style, and energy.
You see, when a woman can flow authentically and freely, all areas in her life are enhanced. Her business world influences her creative world. Her spiritual world inspires her personal world. And, her confident world strengthens her insecure world. They are all parts of the whole – the Multifaceted You.
The truth be told, who-you-are is indeed multifaceted. Yet this is a realization that can only be embraced and maximized by doing the self-work. I still bring that rambunctious little girl with me everywhere I go. The difference is that I’m learning how and when to use her mouth, energy, and edge.
As you grow in personal and professional relationships,you need both the wisdom to work what you’ve got and the savvy to work with your best asset- You.
Deya “Direct” Smith is a producer on “The Tom Joyner Morning Show” and host of “Girlfriend FM,” as well as “Beyond the Studio” celebrity interviews on BlackAmericaWeb.com. She is also a motivational spe
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30