Too often, it has occurred to me that there are some things about women a man simply does not understand. It is my hope that if they can read about some of the basic but very real scenarios from a woman’s perspective whom they’re not emotionally involved with, then maybe the light bulb will finally go off and they can approach their personal situations more effectively.
I will start with a light topic. Gentlemen, what you see is probably not what you’re going to get so make sure your eyes don’t get you in a world of trouble when you’re out with the lady in your life or your lady of the evening.
Men you can look at other women but do not linger. In other words, if you must look, get it done in five seconds or less. Do not stare, do not look again, do not try to play it off by making a comment to your woman, like doesn’t she look nice? Your lady can feel you looking even if she’s not looking in your direction. If she is looking at you, her eyes will practically burn a whole in your head.
However men if you are caught looking and your woman asks you “What the Hell are you looking at” or some variation…the following responses are all we want to hear:
Yeah babe, I like looking at women but she doesn’t have anything on you.
I was checking out her dress, it’s nice, but it would look amazing on you. I might have to find that one for you.
My bad sweetie, but you know I only have eyes for you.
Trust me, whatever she was feeling, you can ease the situation by responding the right way and then look straight ahead!
Why? Because if you’re with her she needs to be the only person that matters and the focus of your attention. She wants to know that you’re proud to be by her side, that she looks so good to you that no one else matters.
This is not an indictment on your woman’s self-esteem. It’s not an issue of if she has self-confidence, it shouldn’t matter who you look at. The point is, how should a man handle himself in this particular scenario in order to have a good experience and avoid any unnecessary drama with a woman. When you make a woman feel beautiful and sexy to you, it goes a long way with her. It changes her swagger, she holds her head a little higher and you Mr. Man will reap the benefits.
That’s my take on men and roving eyes, what’s yours?
Ladies and Gentlemen: Send me your questions, topic suggestions, and comments. And we’ll get to engaging Girlfriend-Style! From time to time, I will post a new scenario for us to consider and it might be yours!
Deya “Direct” Smith, is a producer on the Tom Joyner Morning Show and host of Girlfriend FM and Beyond the Studio celebrity interviews on BlackAmericaWeb.com. She is also a motivational speaker, actress and social commentator. She can be reached at DeyaDirect@aol.com.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25