It now appears that George Zimmerman has a history of spewing racially incendiary remarks – crude comments that could surface during his upcoming trial for killing unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
A seven-year-old MySpace page offered a disturbing glimpse into Zimmerman’s thinking about Mexicans, his ex-wife and the police.
“I dont miss driving around scared to hit mexicans walkin on the side of the street, soft ass wanna be thugs messin with peoples cars when they aint around (what are you provin, that you can dent a car when no ones watchin) dont make you a man in my book,” Zimmerman wrote in a 2005 post.
“Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes pulled on you by every mexican you run into!”
The discovery of Zimmerman’s hateful tirade against Mexicans is particularly significant considering that racial profiling is at the heart of the Martin case. Zimmerman insists he acted in self-defense when he gunned down Martin on Feb. 26. He also claims he thought Martin, who was wearing a hoodie, was acting “suspicious” while walking from a neighborhood store.
Zimmerman’s social media offerings indicate that he has harbored some deep-seeded stereotypes regarding racial minorities and that he easily conjures the most contemptible images.
Since Zimmerman apparently feels that all Mexicans carry knives and are poised to confront unsuspecting residents, it’s not a stretch to believe that Zimmerman spotted Martin wearing a hoodie and followed him simply because he wrongly associated Martin’s clothing with black thugs.
For Zimmerman, the stereotypical reference to Mexicans is so specific that it raises serious questions about his capacity to truthfully assess whether his life was really in danger when he ran into Martin on the streets of Sanford, Florida.
Does Zimmerman think that all black men wearing hoodies are threatening and all Mexicans are out to stab him? Perhaps. And it certainly seems that Zimmerman sees a black or brown criminal around every corner.
Zimmerman’s family and friends insist that Zimmerman is not a racist. That was a hard sell a month ago – and it’s a much harder sell today.
“He’s the neighbor that everybody would want to have,” Robert Zimmerman, who appeared on CNN last month, said of his brother. “He goes out of his way to help people. He always has.”
I wouldn’t want Zimmerman for a neighbor. I’d have too many questions. What other racist outbursts are lurking in Zimmerman’s past? How many other bigoted remarks are waiting to be uncovered? And what possible defense can Zimmerman have for his prejudiced MySpace rant?
There’s really no plausible defense. There’s only an inner rage that is now public – an anger that is now known to potential jurors who could decide Zimmerman’s guilt or innocence.
This new revelation may be damaging to Zimmerman’s defense and it’s probably cost Zimmerman’s attorney a night or two of sleep already. If the prosecution can convince a jury that Zimmerman had a pattern of racist views leading up to shooting a black teenager, then Zimmerman could spend time behind bars.
And for the women on a potential jury, I’m sure this nugget didn’t go unnoticed.
Zimmerman posted the following rant about his ex-fiancé – whom he referred to as an “ex-ho” after a domestic dispute alleging that he pushed the woman in August 2005.
“Im still free! The ex hoe tried her hardest, but the judge saw through it!” Zimmerman wrote.
And does Zimmerman have any black buddies? Seven years ago, he also posted three photos of black male friends on his MySpace page, but he joked: “Let security carry um out!”
I suppose Zimmerman can’t help himself. Even when he makes a feeble attempt at humor, he still associates black men with law enforcement.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31