Okay, ladies. Today, on the TJMS, I’m offering you a one-time opportunity to hear open and honest explanations from men about why they do the things they do.
All weekend long at the pool, at book club meetings, at the kids’ sporting events, at girls’ night out and at church, the topic of conversation has been about infidelity and why – even though it takes two to cheat – men, more than women, seem to want to have their cake and eat it too. But it goes deeper than that. It seems like men have some serious inability to use good judgment, which leads to a lot more instances of public humiliation.
Aside from the obvious high profile stories involving South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, Morgan Freeman and Steve McNair, players are getting busted every day, everywhere, from all walks of life.
Check this out: In North Dakota, a church minister was forced to go to the police and resign from his church after he admitted that an exotic dancer had blackmailed him for $7,000. The pastor told police he had started paying “Bunny” for private dances three years ago, and eventually, the relationship turned to sex for money. When the payments stopped this spring, the minister continued the affair. Then in May, she asked for $6,000 to keep the affair silent. When he only paid her $1,000, she sent a picture of him on his bed in his underwear to the leaders of the Lutheran church.
Now, for every woman reading this story, shaking her head and saying what a fool the pastor was, there’s a man – maybe the minister himself – saying it was worth the little bit of public humiliation he had to endure. Which brings me to the point of this blog.
Even though men and women share a lot of the same behaviors, their thinking is usually a whole different. “The woman didn’t look THAT good.” “He OUGHT to feel like a fool.” “HE should have known better.” “He risked all that he had for NOTHING.” Those are all thoughts of a woman, and even if she’s talking to a man who’s nodding his head in agreement, he may be thinking something entirely different. Perhaps you will find out today what he really feels about cheating. Perhaps a few bold men will step forward for a few hours of complete transparency and tell the women listening to the TJMS whether it’s worth it or not, why they take such risks and what you may do to contribute to their willingness to take those risks.
If you’re a man willing to step up and do this, today is your day. If you’re a woman with questions for these bold men, text me at OhOhOh (646464) or hit me on Facebook or Twitter.
Oh, by the way, neither The Tom Joyner Morning Show nor BlackAmericaWeb.com takes any responsibility for anything that happens to the men who are willing to step forward … or the windows in their cars!
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31