Okay, ladies. Today, on the TJMS, I’m offering you a one-time opportunity to hear open and honest explanations from men about why they do the things they do.
All weekend long at the pool, at book club meetings, at the kids’ sporting events, at girls’ night out and at church, the topic of conversation has been about infidelity and why – even though it takes two to cheat – men, more than women, seem to want to have their cake and eat it too. But it goes deeper than that. It seems like men have some serious inability to use good judgment, which leads to a lot more instances of public humiliation.
Aside from the obvious high profile stories involving South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, Morgan Freeman and Steve McNair, players are getting busted every day, everywhere, from all walks of life.
Check this out: In North Dakota, a church minister was forced to go to the police and resign from his church after he admitted that an exotic dancer had blackmailed him for $7,000. The pastor told police he had started paying “Bunny” for private dances three years ago, and eventually, the relationship turned to sex for money. When the payments stopped this spring, the minister continued the affair. Then in May, she asked for $6,000 to keep the affair silent. When he only paid her $1,000, she sent a picture of him on his bed in his underwear to the leaders of the Lutheran church.
Now, for every woman reading this story, shaking her head and saying what a fool the pastor was, there’s a man – maybe the minister himself – saying it was worth the little bit of public humiliation he had to endure. Which brings me to the point of this blog.
Even though men and women share a lot of the same behaviors, their thinking is usually a whole different. “The woman didn’t look THAT good.” “He OUGHT to feel like a fool.” “HE should have known better.” “He risked all that he had for NOTHING.” Those are all thoughts of a woman, and even if she’s talking to a man who’s nodding his head in agreement, he may be thinking something entirely different. Perhaps you will find out today what he really feels about cheating. Perhaps a few bold men will step forward for a few hours of complete transparency and tell the women listening to the TJMS whether it’s worth it or not, why they take such risks and what you may do to contribute to their willingness to take those risks.
If you’re a man willing to step up and do this, today is your day. If you’re a woman with questions for these bold men, text me at OhOhOh (646464) or hit me on Facebook or Twitter.
Oh, by the way, neither The Tom Joyner Morning Show nor BlackAmericaWeb.com takes any responsibility for anything that happens to the men who are willing to step forward … or the windows in their cars!
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25