Journalist extraordinaire Jacque Reid is THE leading lady in media. With over fifteen years of broadcasting expertise in news, lifestyle, and entertainment reporting, she has interviewed some of the most influential people of our generation including Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton, Will Smith, Jamie Foxx, and Beyonce. Jacque is undoubtedly a mainstay in the journalism community.
Jacque’s poise and talent have taken her from CBS and NBC affiliated programs to national news notoriety. From 1999-2001, she took that platform to the next level as the anchor of CNN Headline News. She then became the sole news anchor for BET Nightly News from 2001-2005, which established her as the face of reliable information for people of color. She returned to CNN in 2004 to cover the Republican National Convention as a special correspondent and commentator for Larry King Live. In 2006-2007, Jacque brought her infectious personality to ABC’s The View, becoming a regular guest co-host on the Emmy Award-winning show. During her time, she’s interviewed Ed Norton, Kerry Washington, Chris Rock, and Cyndi Lauper. In 2008, she hosted TV One’s Presidential Election and Inauguration coverage, as well as the memorial service of music legend Michael Jackson.
The sky is the limit for this multi-media powerhouse. She has continued to catapult her career into new avenues of entertainment. In 2005, Jacque created Jacque Reid Media, a one-stop media resource for television and film. That same year the company executive produced the BET Red Carpet Special premiere presentation of the Sony Pictures feature, The Gospel. Her current client roster includes The AR Bernard Show, a Christian television news magazine show; cable network TV One and nationally syndicated radio show, The Tom Joyner Morning Show.
Through all of her work, Jacque connects with viewers, listeners, and fans alike. She is currently the co-host of the widely popular D.L Hughley Morning Show on New York’s 98.7 Kiss FM Radio, airing Monday through Friday from 6am to 10am. She also appears on the Tom Joyner Morning Show every Tuesday and Friday, educating listeners on the state of Black women around the world on her featured segment “Inside Her Story.” She is also making her mark in reality TV before millions as a cast member of the hit show “Let’s Talk About Pep” on VH1, starring Pep of Salt N’ Pepa.
Jacque brings news reporting to its core level on her website JacqueReid.com. The site isn’t just about news commentary; it provides a closer look at entertainment, politics, lifestyle, and social issues. Jacque covers all bases, even giving us a peek into her world with her blog.
“More than just news, it’s about real life.” Jacque personifies this quote and continues to keep her community first in all that she does. Jacque is especially passionate about women’s issues. In March 2006, Jacque made her acting debut in a celebrity performance of The Vagina Monologues at The Apollo Theater featuring Kerry Washington (Ray), Alysia Reiner (Sideways) and Michelle Williams (Destiny’s Child). The show benefited the Girls Educational & Mentoring Services (GEMS), a program providing specialized services to young women in abusive situations. She devotes her free time to speaking at universities and youth events around the nation. Jacque is a member of the National Association of Black Journalists, Christian Cultural Center in Brooklyn, and the New York Alumnae chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Jacque has served on various boards, including Talbot’s Scholarship Board, which provides funding to young women attending college and Uplift Jamaica, a non-profit organization which provides medical coverage and technology to Jamaican residents in need.
Jacque honed her craft at Clark Atlanta University, where she received her BA in Print Journalism and further sharpened her skills at Northwestern University, receiving her MA in Broadcast Journalism. Jacque’s work speaks for itself and it’s obvious that she is truly a force to be reckoned with whether on or off-camera. She’s more than just news, she’s the real deal in media and beyond.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30