Law & Order originally aired on NBC in 1990 and ran for 20 years. It also produced several spinoffs such as Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Law & Order: LA, Law & Order: Trial By Jury and even one across the pond . . . Law & Order: UK. Here are some very familiar faces who guest starred or had cameos in one or the other.
1. Pam Grier – 2002: Law & Order: SVUSource:AP Photo/Matt Sayles
Pam Grier played (and often had a recurring role as) Assistant US Attorney Claudia Williams who clashed with Benson & Stabler when she made their rape victim and prime suspect disappear into witness protection.
2. Michael B. Jordan – 2010: Law & Order: Criminal IntentSource:Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP
Michael B. Jordan guest starred in this episode ‘Inhumane Society’ as a boxer involved in a Michael Vick-inspired dog fighting scandal.
3. Ashanti, Taylor Hicks & Clay Aiken – 2013: Law & Order: SVUSource:Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP
Ashanti, Hicks & Aiken guest-starred along side Billy Porter as the panel of judges for TV’s biggest reality show ‘America Diva’ and Ashanti was especially excited because she is such a huge fan of show SVU.
4. Natalie Cole – 2006: Law & Order: SVUSource:AP Photo/Matt Sayles
Natalie Cole guest starred as attorney Serena Waldren. This episode dealt with childhood obesity when a group of teenage siblings attacked a girl at a prestigious school to revenge their morbidly obese brother.
5. Paula Patton – 2010: Law & Order: SVUSource:Guillermo Proano / PR Photos
Paula Patton was slated to replace Sharon Stone as SVU’s ADA, however, Paula was cast in “Mission Impossible 4” and was only in one episode.
6. Terrence Howard – 2011: Law & Order: SVU & Law & Order: LASource:Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP
Terrence Howard guest starred as ADA Jonah Dekker who comes to NYC from Los Angeles to defend his cousin who was accused of rape.
7. Bellamy Young – 1998: Law & OrderSource:PRphotos
Bellamy Young played Stephanie Harker, a young (white trash) Canadian female who marries a wealthy man in NYC after his wife dies in a hit & run (a crime committed by her). She has her husband, his daughter murdered and she kills the hired gun-woman. Jack McCoy asked for the death penalty and gets it!
8. Coco Austin – 2012: Law & Order: SVUSource:PRN / PRPhotos
Coco was asked to guest star in this episode when the casting director was looking for an actress and thought of her. She was nervous when she arrived on the set but relaxed after she found out she would be kissing a female. (Ice-T was relieved as well). She nailed the scene in one set.