“Power” star Omari Hardwick is defending himself against a fan’s accusations that he yelled at her and played her shady as hell when she approached him and asked for a picture while he was with his wife and kids.

Hardwick acknowledged that he declined to take the photo, but says he wasn’t disrespectful to her. He also claims the fan followed his family before approaching him, per ebony.com, according to social media quotes obtained by The Jasmine Brand.

“She got out of her car to follow me and my family maybe 200 yards…as this older sweet nanny tells us. She gets to me and ask for a pic. I say, as I always do, ‘God bless you, I don’t do [pictures] when I’m with my family.’ Respectfully. She then responds, ‘So, I can’t get a picture with you?!’ With SHOCK in her face. She never acknowledges my family with a LOOK. I go, ‘Huh? You didn’t hear what I said?’”

The fan at the center of this star-struck moment gone wrong then hopped in the comment section to respond, calling Hardwick a “liar.”

“You’re a liar. I walked off after saying, ‘Ah, really? Okay.’ Walked across the street, you started yelling…Your fans are who made you. A simple, ‘No, I don’t do pics when I’m with my family would have been nice.’ Your attitude is what shocked me, not the fact you wouldn’t take the pic.”

Other fans of the actor began defending him, to which the woman responded: “Y’all would have approached him as well, [but] being that it wasn’t y’all. Y’all have so much to say. Anyway, I know the truth and so [does] he. I’ve moved on and so has he. My thing is, don’t lie about it. I hate a liar. If you’re not approachable then so be it, I’m not the first he’s done this to, and won’t be the last.”

Hardwick then replied, “We absolutely know the truth. You are a lost human. God bless your soul.”

Do you believe Hardwick was rude or was the eager fan acting a tad bit too thirsty?

HEAD BACK TO THE BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM HOMEPAGE

Bearded Babes We Love!

42 thoughts on “Omari Hardwick Defends His Response To Picture-Seeking Fan

1. Abdul Wahid Muhammad on said:

It’s sad. I like Power but it’s just a show. Would it have a different if he was married to a black woman? I love my black women and that’s who I would married but that’s he prerogative. Who know how they came about or why they are are together. Listen to all this hated. So if you all the same ones that will have that bitterness in a marriage so he’s supposed to be with you. When did we have to get approval from others before we get married? What if someone told you who you can and who you couldn’t. What if he had a child by her and wanted to stay with his family. Not making excuses for him but that his life. Live yours.

2. People need to respect other people’s lives. That man was with his family. If he was out at a party or event then it’s ok to ask for pictures. No one likes being disturbed when they are trying to enjoy themselves out with family. Yes he signed up for this when he got famous but he is still a human being with feelings. She was wrong. Point blank. She probably was following them. Think twice before approaching.

3. Autumn on said:

Stop asking coons for pictures and autographs. In a few years his Stepin Fetchitn ass will be begging for someone to ask for a pic. I despise coons!

• Passing Through!! on said:

I soooo agree with you Autumn. Why is she swooning over some black man who won’t even marry a black woman there’s nothing appealing about him.

4. CMason on said:

Shirley Brown, I agree… these celebrities, most, not all, are narcissistic d*#k-heads!! honestly, there is NO real talent today! Acting, singing or otherwise! Guess that’s why this stupid reality shit has taken over for “entertainment”! Mankind has reached it’s creative peak!!

5. Shirley Brown on said:

I believe her, that being said stop mooning over celebrities, I don’t want your autograph or picture of you, they’re no better than you. Stop putting them up on a pedestal, they’re not deserving regardless of who they’re with or what they do.

• CMason on said:

• Passing Through!! on said:

Amen! And especially a black man who’s married to and breeding seeds with a white woman, a man looking ass white woman on top of that.

6. KINGIIII on said:

Who cares what was said..his family comes first…plus if a man can marry another man why can’t he marry a white woman..?????

7. Passing Through!! on said:

He’s want’s nothing to do with black women outside of you giving his t.v. show ratings why would you even want is autograph while he’s playing house with his white family.

• And the only thing a fan should want to have to do with him is getting their money’s worth when he’s on screen. That’s the only thing he owes anyone. For someone think that they have a right to someone else’s time and space (unless they’re paying for it) is just ignorant.

• Passing Through!! on said:

Lol! No bitch! I don’t want him, I’m not the one chasing down his autograph or supporting his t.v. show there’s nothing appealing or attractive about him to me or any black man who prefers manly looking snow bunnies. Maybe you want to f**k him since you’re coming to his rescue.

8. Julie Russell on said:

All he had to do was decline nicely. The fist time I saw him was in the series “Dark Blue”. I fell in love with his bow legs. I even asked Tom Joyner could he have him on his “Fantastic Voyage”. Tom’s response was…he, Omar, has to ask to be on the cruise.

9. Sandra Pointer on said:

I lived in Los Angeles for years and would see may celebrities, but I never approached them or asked for their autograph or picture if they were just out and about. I would say that I enjoyef their work an kept it moving. If they are at an event or something, that should be the only time they should be approached for pictures. Fans should be respectful too.

10. Omari was extremely gracious when my niece asked him for a picture. The crew wasn’t as nice. When he witnessed that he told the crew that it was okay and he took the picture with her. Granted, he wasn’t with his family at this time. I don’t think it is unreasonable for an entertainer not to want to be disturbed when he is with his family. He signed up for that life not them.

• What difference does it make if you’re with your family or not. This may be the only time in life a fan gets a chance to be that physically close to you. You sign up to live for the world, it shouldn’t be a problem to sign autographs and take pics with the world.

11. Yes I believe her !!!! If he was a compassionate person he wouldn’t have called her a lost human being !!!!that says a lot about him !!!! And yes he has right to refuse taking pictures !!! I saw Steve Harvey and asked but he was very polite in his refusal !!

12. Yes I believe her !!!! If he was a compassionate person he wouldn’t have called her a lost human being !!!!that says a lot about him !!!! And yes he has right to refuse taking pictures !!! I saw Steve Harvey and asked but he was very polite in his refusal !!

13. While I love Omari as “Ghost” I respect that he has a wife and children and he should be allowed to spend time with his family uninterrupted. When playing a role he is compensated…time with his family is priceless and his right. If he took the photo, he would be taking time away from his family.

14. tedgravely on said:

You don’t own them. Remember they are acting for money. If you don’t like what he did, stop supporting his projects. He has a right to say no, and you have a right to not support his work. Vote with your pocketbook.

15. Justbeingme on said:

Why do people feel they need to take a picture with celebrities to show people you met them in person to brag they are human to they don’t have to take a picture with you. And especially if there with their family I wouldn’t even approach them if there family period. Respect peoples personal space.