Several weeks ago, a white woman called police on a black family barbecuing at Lake Merritt Park in Oakland, echoing recent incidents that involved police being called on black people engaging in seemingly normal, everyday activity.

After black artists were accused of robbing a home as they left an Airbnb with their luggage, and two young entrepreneurs were accused of trespassing while seated in a Starbucks, Oakland folks who heard about the Lake Merritt “BBQing-While-Black” incident responded in force – with a massive over-the-top cookout less than 24 hours later in the same exact spot.

On Thursday, a woman named Michelle Snider captured video of another white woman berating the barbecuing family and threatening to call the police on them for allegedly barbecuing with a charcoal grill in a non-designated area. Snider can be heard saying, “This is exactly what is the problem with Oakland today. This lady wants to sit here and call the police on them for having a barbecue at the lake as if this is not normal.”

The woman reportedly waited for two hours until the police arrived.
“I reported over two hours ago some people were illegally grilling in the park with a charcoal grill where they’re not supposed to,” she said. “I was waiting there for a response because I was told they were coming. After two hours, I just called the non-emergency line, and in the interim these people came up and started harassing me, physically pushing me.”

Well, Oakland locals weren’t about to take this sitting down. Instead, hundreds gathered there the next day for an old-fashioned cookout, compete with kids frolicking, R&B classics like BBD’s “Poison” and, of course, a big ol’ electric slide.

Footage of the revenge cookout quickly went viral:

The internets have had even more fun with Snider, creating some amusing memes:

READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:

GET THE HOTTEST STORIES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX:

Find Out What Your Favorite Celebs Did On Instagram (08/04-08/10)

28 thoughts on “Entire Oakland Neighborhood Has Cookout After Woman Called Police On One Family

1. Head negro in charge on said:

Blacks need to start telling whites
    To get over it.
    Those days of whites calling the
    Police on a black person are over.
    Thank god for cell phone cameras.
    They hate that blacks are free.
    Somebody give her a copy of the
    Constitution please.

2. Janice on said:

Good for you all maybe she will feel very stupid now that the whole neighborhood join in to have a picnic. Number one she’s ugly and needs attention that’s why she calls the police. Police Officers everywhere put in your policies not to investigate when people call because this could have gone way to left, arrest her ugly ass next time. Peace!

3. Phoenix Rising on said:

I’m sure everyone noticed how she turned from antagonizer to victim once the people came at her. Self inflicted pain once she decided to mind someone else’s PEACEFUL business. She deserved to be ridiculed and laughed at!!! No life at all. I know I don’t have two hours to kill just hoovering around someone else’s BBQ.

4. The White Shop Lifter and Home Burglar love all the attention placed on black folks shopping and doing any other plain ordinary past time! All eyes on Black People while the real Criminals steal the blind! Blame the Black Person!

5. Phyllis on said:

I would love to be her neighbor. I’d kill her with kindness, speak to her every day, wave when I see her peeking out the window on the phone. Cookouts every weekend. Football party. Birthday party. A just because I know she watching party. LOL. No loud music or rowdy behavior. Dare that bitch to step across my property line. I’d drive her bat shit crazy.

• African American Woman on said:

Self-hate, low self-esteem, fear of not living up to the black woman’s standards-you know, we’re loud, controlling and gold digging…nah, we are loud to be heard, we are used to being in charge of so many things,its seen as controlling behavior, and we want what all women want; a man to rely on for emotional and well as financial support. Plus, unconscious hate and displaces anger for the black women in their families because the lack of a quality man to emulate forces them to rely on women-many times those women are not equipped to properly raise boys.

6. julius on said:

we have a bad immigrant problem, that started when the mayflower landed, but whitey can’t see himself as an intruder.

7. African American Woman on said:

Really, BINGO!!! I don’t support any black man who doesn’t support me and other women who look like me.

8. Strong Black Woman on said:

WHITE PEOPLE ARE THE LYINGIST MF’s THAT GOD HAS PUT ON THIS EARTH.

White woman had nothing better to do.

What’s up with the crying, lookin like a DAMN FOOL!! She just wanted to start something with her HE-MAN LOOKIN ASS!!!! SHE IS NOTHING BUT A PIECE OF 💩!!!!

9. Tina on said:

I LOVE IT…NOW THAT’S THE WAY I LIKE IT…I PRAY THE CALLER FINDS HER SELF A LIFE SO SHE WONT BE SO ENGAGED IN POEPLE HAVING HARMLEES FAMILY TIME….IT MAY COME AS A SURPRISE THAT BLACK FOLK S LOVE AND WE HAVE FAMILY TIME TOO… NOT A MONOPLY HELD BY WHITE PEOPLE…..

10. americanize on said:

This fat racist pig called the police for black people BBQ its obvious this fat devil wanted harm to come to these people.Then she fakes crying when law enforcers shows up.All of these examples of white folks calling police all over the country shows how evil white folks are.Black America you have no friends.

• Whatusay! on said:

And I guess “fat” people don’t have friends either judging from your comments. Soooo maybe someone will call the police on “fat” people doing normal things like oh let’s say having a bbq in public by a lake. my point…what does her weight have to do with anything!

• Her weight doesn’t have anything to do with her ignorant actions. It’s just a description. No different than describing her as having brown hair. She’s a fat, brown haired lard ass. See? just an accurate description. Nothing to get mad about.

• Whatusay! on said:

Just like her description (or perception) of what the caller saw was accurate. Not mad just an observation. However this issue isn’t about being sensitive weight but color. Guess I focused on the wrong sensitivity issue here.

• Whatusay! on said:

Did anyone call the police on the people were “fat” while peacefully protesting/celebrating at the bbq? What? Wait…oh this was comment was about being racist not discriminating. Because the caller being fat really had something to do with her ignorant actions. I’m sayin’…

• She’s both, a fat ass racist, calling the cops on blk ppl who were having a bbq.

11. Ted Gravely on said:

Wow…this woman is sad. Calling police because someone is grilling in the wrong area. What’s more ridiculous- the police answering the call. She is lonely. The video with her crying shows how dangerous she is. She breaks down in front of the authority figure (police) for sympathy and action. Luckily in this case, the police acted reasonably. You witnessed first-hand a dangerous manipulating white woman.