Kevin Hart

Kevin Hart is having one helluva a headline-making week.

First, he was one of the first to spill the tea about rapper Meek Mill’s release from prison… hours before it was confirmed by the rapper’s camp.

Hart also re-lives his cheating scandal by playing himself in J. Cole music video for the track, “Kevin’s Heart.”

And now, a troubling tweet that the “Ride Along” star posted back in 2010 has resurfaced, and Black Twitter is roasting his ass over it.

Hart’s distasteful joke about dark-skinned women comes as a shock to many, considering how at the time he posted the tweet, Kevin was still married to his dark-skinned wife, Torrei Hart, who birthed him two, dark-skinned children.

Someone reposted that old tweet and it was shared for hours before it was snatched down. That hasn’t stopped Twitter from getting him right together.

Check out some reactions below.

READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:

GET THE HOTTEST STORIES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX:

(Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP, File)

26 thoughts on “Black Twitter Comes After Kevin Hart For Bad Joke About Dark-Skinned Women

1. Christianforreal on said:

Kevin and many other Blacks forget that a Black woman was the vessel used by God to bring him/them forth into this world filled with White folk. Remember, too MEN that your presence in your daughter’s life makes a great difference in how she’ll allow herself to be treated by anyone, especially a man.Keep that in mind Ted when you have children, if you don’t already. And children also watch how theie parents interact. One can’t help if her spouse/mate is abusive, but he can’t continually abuse you unless you allow it.

2. I agree with all of these comments. Here’s also a Universal Lesson: STOP posting nonsense, telling everything you THINK you know, and stop putting all your business on social media.Even if you change your mind and delete it–IT WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU. Duh

3. Passing Through! on said:

The media will always give a platform to any black coon, minstrel or sell out who’s willing to promote self hatred/white supremacy or throw another black person under the bus. Serena married the white boy & Nike named a building a after her & she gets an HBO special, Kobe gets an Oscar Kevin Hart buck dances for Hollywood & the movie roles keep pouring in. I personally don’t support any black man or woman who promotes white supremacy. That why Taye Diggs career is in the s**ter when black woman found out he was married to a white woman they jumped ship. Sista’s are the driving force behind almost every black mans career, embrace your power & start making examples out of these sorry black ass negros. Michelle Williams (Destiny’s Child) just sold out with an engagement to a white preacher & Koonye West on social media brown nosing his love & admiration for trump, how many blacks will run out & buy Yeezey shoes.

• Really on said:

You are absolutely right, sadly we need to stop supporting these types of ignorant negros. They don’t support or defend us. We have enough hate from the others. These weak minded black men get their start from the support of black women. Sadly that’s what true enemy wants is for us not to support one amother. Sadly there are not enough strong black men these days.

4. Monique q on said:

his short black ass is stupid what’s going to happen when his 2 minutes of fame is over along with the with the wife he got now he will be reaping the negativity that he sowed

5. Amber on said:

Kevin is showing what many (not all) black men think when they start making money. Look at it, make a list of all successful black men who have dark skinned wives (heck name many who have black wives period; and if you can name the black wives, how many cheated on those black women with non black women).

• Ted Gravely on said:

Amber food for thought. My mom used to say to my sisters, got to make a man respect you. He won’t buy the cow if he can get the milk for free. Now I bet you and most of the women on this forum give men like Kevin all the love when they continue to show you that they can milk you anytime. For example, how many women watch The Best Man or Best Man Holiday when with the exception of Morris, none of the other black men are thinking about dating a sister. Your power is to stop supporting them with your dollars. You love Empire and I don’t care if he is married, not married to cookie or whatever AA woman they put in his face on screen, y’all don’t have a chance at the man who plays LL (I don’t watch the mess so can’t think of his real name). Let that fool show up on tv and y’all watching. Now explain to me how you’re going to change their behavior. Your dollars may not stop what their doing, but at least it’s not supporting their nonsense. They can date and marry who they want. You can also choose to not buy what they are selling.

6. Ted Gravely on said:

So when are jokes not jokes? I’m not taking up for Kevin, Lord knows he doesn’t need my help. So people laugh when black comedians talk about how stupid white people are; people laugh when Arnez J cracks on disabled folks; and certain comedians love to roast heavy set people. So this is the one where we put our foot down? Hypocrites- either jokes are jokes or stopping joking on hurtful things all together. We can all differ, but that’s my 2cents.

7. Tiana Nonbasic on said:

HAD TO REPOST I DID NOT PROOF-READ: CORRECTION!!! These comments do not only affect Dark-Skinned Women. I am offended and I am Light-Skinned. My husband (My Beautiful Dark-Skinned Husband) and my Beautiful Brown Girls are Dark-Skinned and I am overly disgusted by Kevin Hart’s comments. I am also ashamed of the comments made about Light-Skinned women yes Kevin’s WIFE IS A Gold-digger but not all Light-Skinned women are out there looking for Suga-daddy’s. I’m educated with good credit and held it down before I met my Chocolate King. We as a people need stop separating ourselves by class, skin color and education. If we do not stand together we will never WIN… America treats us all the same. I can not tell you how many times I’ve been called the N-word just this week alone by a Racist white person.

• Tiana Nonbasic on said:

We as a people need TO stop separating ourselves by class, skin color and education. If we do not stand together we will never WIN… America treats us all the same. I can not tell you how many times I’ve been called the N-word just this week alone by a Racist white person.

• Really on said:

You’re right maam black is black, so sad some blacks don’t understand that. Some blacks have some serious issues with that mess. I for one have no problem with my blackness and No one is going to change that.

8. Tiana Nonbasic on said:

These comments do not only affect Dark-Skinned Women. I am offended and I am Light-Skinned. My husband (My Beautiful Dark-Skinned Husband) and my Beautiful Brown Girls are Dark-Skinned and I am disgusted by Kevin Hart’s comments. I am also ashamed of the comments made about Light-skinned women yes Kevin’s WIFE IS A Gold-digger but not all Light-Skinned women are out there looking for Suga-daddy’s. I’m educated with good credit and held it down before I met my Chocolate King. We as a people need stop separating ourselves by class, skin color and education. If we do not stand together we will never WIN… America treats us all the same. I can not tell you how many times I’ve been called the N-word just week by a white person.

9. say it ain't so on said:

I don’t care if he was standing on a stack of a million dollars. He will always be an insecure short, black anka-danka of a little man with a slew of character flaws. I used to think he was funny, now all I can say is, he is funny….looking that is, since he wants to put others down due to their appearance. Just had this discussion with a co-worker about black men going to light brights or Becky’s thinking they have good credit. How stupid they are in their way of thinking. Smart women, no matter what the color always got a serious bank account, house, car and good credit. Men like him are just doing them a favor by hitting on the light brights or Becky’s. Smart women aren’t trying to take care of no weak @ss man who only sees the Bank of America or 1st National Bank logo when they look at a woman. Keep it moving little man.

10. Passing Through!! on said:

Kevin Hart is full of self-hatred, he has serious issues with is dark black skin and his height. He dogged his wife Torrei as soon as Hollywood came calling. Then, cheated on his 2nd wife with a string of non-black ho’s and now does stand up disrespecting his current and ex-wife making jokes about his infidelity. I wouldn’t pay a dime for any of his movies or standup comedy. It’s amazing how fame changes the ugly dark MF’s when they get the money to buy the self-esteem and the women who wouldn’t give them the time of day.

11. These black type of black men are disgusting. More disgusting tan rasicts whites. Can’t stand them . Their so stupid. I’m dark skinned my credit is excellent. By the way most black women’s credit is probably better than the black mans. I know plenty of beautiful black women who work have their own money that hold it down for themselves they buy their own homes and cars. It’s you Kevin and those like you the reason blacks will never get where they should be.

12. That’s very nervey of him. Just because he changed colors, doesn’t make it right to down grade, his own daughter, Mother, sisters, aunts, and whoever is connected to his dark skinned behind. Did he forget about his parents are dark skinned? Does he know why that light skinned heifer is with him? It’s all about MONEY! if he didn’t have any, he would be a nobody, to anybody. I bet he’d be running to find a dark skinned sister then. I guarantee his credit was more jacked up than a so called dark skinned sister. Negra Please!!! Get a life!! Don’t forget you meet the same people going up! As when your Ass, come down! Don’t be looking for no handouts either!! Now laugh and joke about that! A…. Whole..

13. His ugly Black ass has some damn nerve!!!!!
    Pot calling the kettle!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go sit down somewhere, Kevin.
    Bye boy!!!!!!!!!!