Real Housewives of Atlanta star Cynthia Bailey has a question for critics of Kenya Moore’s marriage: “Why would Kenya publicly say that she’s married only to be exposed if she’s not?”
In an interview with Too Fab, Bailey defended her co-star against skeptics – including NeNe Leakes – who doubt the authenticity of her surprise marriage to Marc Daly.
Life teaches many lessons, has many twists and turns, but always seems to present opportunities for a better today and tomorrow. I have looked for the wrong things in the past relationships. I have been wronged, and been hurt by others, but I’ve also doled out my share of pain and mistreatment. These all stemmed from not having deep love and relationships. Now, I have found love and want to start it with a clean slate. I want to put my past mistakes behind me and move forward positively with my new life. No more excuses, or negativity. I now have the chance to live not only for myself, but for my own family. The stakes are the greatest they’ve ever been in my life. Today is better than yesterday, and tomorrow will be better than today. Have a blessed Sunday. #love #life #newbeginnings #familyfirst #ThatsMrsDalyToYou
Cynthia said she’s “met her husband many times” and noted that “he’s a great guy, and they’re very much married.”
“It’s crazy to think that anyone would put themselves in this position to be exposed,” Cynthia continued. “She’s in the public eye. It just wouldn’t make sense for either one of them to sign up to do that because if they’re not, it will come out.”
Keep reading to see what Cynthia said about NeNe and Kim Zolciak’s return, and her thoughts on Porsha’s beef with NeNe.
What’s it like having NeNe and Kim back?
I think it’s great to have both NeNe and Kim back. They are the OGs of the show. If there was no NeNe and Kim, there would be no Cynthia Bailey, so I always give it up to the OGs. Thank you for helping make this platform possible.
NeNe being on the show is just a no-brainer. She is the housewife, to me, that you think of the most when you think of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. She always brings her truth and she’s hilarious. She was just made for reality TV.
Kim is also an OG — funny and entertaining as well. Her life has changed a lot since she was introduced on the show. You just kind of get to see a lot of her progression and where she’s at now. She has her own children, her own family. It’s interesting to see her outside of her family dynamic, which is with us, and that doesn’t always go as smoothly as planned. I think she’s a lot more comfortable with her family than she is with us.
At the end of the day, I like when new blood comes on, and I like when old blood comes back.
What are your thoughts on Porsha’s beef with NeNe after the latter appeared on ‘Watch What Happens Live’ and said she didn’t think Kenya should be on the show?
When a caller calls in or Andy asks you a question, you are on the show to give your opinion. NeNe can feel however she wants to feel, and at the end of the day, she does the most for the network. With that said, I don’t think she’s doing the hiring and the firing, so if someone asked her opinion, that was her opinion. At the time she made that statement, I don’t believe she and Porsha were friends.
Catch an all-new episode of The Real Housewives of Atlanta Sunday night on Bravo.
"Real Housewives of Atlanta" Through the Seasons
1. Apollo, Phaedra, Kandi and ToddSource:Instagram 1 of 18
2. Phaedra and ApolloSource:Instagram 2 of 18
3. Kandi and PhaedraSource:Instagram 3 of 18
4. Greg, Nene and PorshaSource:Instagram 4 of 18
5. Porsha and CynthiaSource:Instagram 5 of 18
6. Porsha, Cynthia and KenyaSource:Instagram 6 of 18
7. Porsha WilliamsSource:Instagram 7 of 18
8. Kenya MooreSource:Instagram 8 of 18
9. Kandi and ToddSource:Instagram 9 of 18
10. Kandi and Mama JoyceSource:Instagram 10 of 18
11. Cast member NeNe Leakes.11 of 18
12. Cast member Cynthia Bailey and husband, Peter Thomas (Photo: Retna)12 of 18
13. Cast member Kim Zolciak. (Photo: Retna)13 of 18
14. Phaedra Parks (left), Sheree Whitfield (right) and guest. (Photo: Retna)14 of 18
15. "Real Housewives of Atlanta" cast member Sheree Whitfield. (Photo: Retna)15 of 18
16. Cast member NeNe Leakes. (Photo: Retna)16 of 18
17. Claudia Jordan- added season 717 of 18
18. Claudia Jordan- added season 718 of 18
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
(Photo by Taylor Hill/FilmMagic)