NEW YORK (AP) — A 7-year-old boy’s mention of Lester Holt to a local news reporter in Portland, Oregon, has earned him a chance to meet his favorite news anchor.
After mentioning Holt to KGW-TV reporter Drew Carney on air earlier this month, the boy told Carney, “usually you see him more on the news than you.”
Video of the moment has been viewed hundreds of thousands of times and earned a mention from Holt on the “NBC Nightly News.”
NBC News says the boy, identified only by his first name, Jaden, was invited to meet Holt in New York on Tuesday. Holt gave him a tour of the news set.
Jaden was a bit shy on camera this time around, but did take the chance to read his name off the teleprompter.
Cuteness Overload: Celebrity Family Moments That Made Us Say "Aww"
1. 2 Chainz with his daughtersSource:2 Chainz Instagram 1 of 15
2. Monica and Shannon Brown and their daughter LaiyahSource:Monica Instagram 2 of 15
3. Kevin Hart and his kids Heaven and HendrixSource:AP 3 of 15
4. The CartersSource:Instagram 4 of 15
5. The WestsSource:AP 5 of 15
6. Alicia Keys and her son EgyptSource:Instagram 6 of 15
7. Christina Milian and her daughter VioletSource:Instagram 7 of 15
8. The Game and his daughter Cali.Source:Instagram 8 of 15
9. LeBron James and his son Bryce.Source:Instagram 9 of 15
10. Carmelo Anthony and his son Kiyan.Source:Instagram 10 of 15
11. Vin Diesel, Rev Run and Tyrese with their daughters.Source:Instagram 11 of 15
12. Fantasia and son Dallas.Source:Instagram 12 of 15
13. Tiny and her sons Major and King.Source:Instagram 13 of 15
14. Vince Herbert and his son Logan.Source:Instagram 14 of 15
15. Wiz Khalifah and his son Sebastian.Source:Instagram 15 of 15
(Photo Source: AP, KGW-TV Facebook)