Supermodel Naomi Campbell is starring in the Spring 2017 Givenchy campaign with model Justin Levy for their jeans. What’s better than denim on denim? Melanin on melanin.
Fashion photography duo Luigi Murenu and Iango Henzi shot the black and white images of Naomi and Justin. Ricardo Tisci, the Creative Director of the Haute Couture, ready-to-wear and accessories lines for Givenchy and Carine Roitfeld, the former Editor-In-Chief of Vogue Paris and Creator of CR Fashion Book, were responsible for the creative direction.
One shot showcases a topless Naomi on Justin’s shoulders. The ad, posted on Instagram, looks eerily reminiscent to one of Kim Kardashian’s bathroom pics, but is a better example of how to do topless tastefully.
Naomi shows us how a true fashion icon does it with while servin’ some serious collarbone action. Who’s even looking at the skin-tight jeans?!
The solo shot of Naomi, 46, shows off her perfectly toned obliques and flawless weave. The black and white shots really highlight her angular cheekbones and overall physique.
Justin effortlessly wears patchwork, distressed denim jeans, while cradling his face in the crevice of his forearm with an alluring gaze.
This ad is giving an amalgamation of 90’s high fashion morphed into modern day trends, and not just because they used Naomi. The focus is strongly on the models’ ability to highlight the clothes in an aspirational, yet sellable, type of way.
Even at an age that renders most models obsolete, Naomi has been slaying high-fashion campaigns and magazine covers, like last spring’s Balmain campaign, alongside other 90’s supermodels like Claudia Schiffer and Cindy Crawford.
Celebrating Fashion's Biggest Supermodels
1. Cynthia BaileySource:AP 1 of 19
2. Jessica White was discovered at age 13 and landed her first job modeling for Vogue.2 of 19
3. Tyson Beckford is an American fashion model best known for his days on the Ralph Lauren runway.3 of 19
4. Selita Ebanks is a Cayman born British model and actress best known for her days as a Victoria's Secret Angel.4 of 19
5. Kimora Lee Simmons is a former fashion model. She began her career at age 14 with a modeling contract with Chanel.5 of 19
6. Jourdan Dunn was discovered in 2006 and became the first black woman to walk the Prada runway in 2008.6 of 19
7. Eva Marcille is a fashion model who is best known for winning the third cycle of America's Next Top Model.7 of 19
8. Bre Scullark is signed to Ford models and is known for her time spent on America's Next Top Model.8 of 19
9. Naomi Sims began her career as the first Black supermodel. (Photo: EURweb.com)9 of 19
10. Beverly Johnson made history when she appeared on the cover of Vogue. (AP)10 of 19
11. Businesswoman, actress and model Iman was a favorite with top designers. (AP)11 of 19
12. Tyra Banks was the first Black to grace the cover of S.I. (AP)12 of 19
13. Supermodel Naomi Campbell began modeling at the age of 15. (AP)13 of 19
14. Sudanese supermodel Alek Wek was discovered when she was 18. (AP)14 of 19
15. Ethiopian born model Liya Kebede has had a very successful career as model. (AP)15 of 19
16. Joan Smalls ranked #2 model in the world according to models.com. (AP)16 of 19
17. Model Sessilee Lopez has a Dominican and Portuguess background. (AP)17 of 19
18. Roshumba also appreared in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. (AP)18 of 19
19. Chanel ImanSource:Instagram 19 of 19