UPDATE: Claudia Jordan now says that she ‘misspoke’ about the alleged relationship between Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes.
All we can say is that must’ve been an interesting phone call that Claudia Jordan apparently got from Jamie Foxx. That’s because Jordan is now walking back comments she made about Foxx and Katie Holmes being in a relationship.
“I have no knowledge of Jamie with Katie at all,” the reality star told Entertainment Tonight’s Kevin Frazier. “I’ve never seen them together, he’s never told me he’s dating her.”
Yep, Jordan is saying she “misspoke” during a recent podcast appearance during which she seemingly confirmed that the A-list pair, who have been deflecting dating rumors for years, are officially together.
“He is very happy with her, so I like that he seems very happy,” Jordan said on the “Allegedly with Theo Von & Matthew Cole Weiss” podcast when asked about the couple.
Jordan, who worked with Foxx on his Sirius XM comedy channel, “The Foxxhole,” was measured while speaking with Frazier and ET, saying several times she could not confirm whether there was a relationship between the two.
“A lot of times, I get asked questions about celebrities — some I know, some I don’t — a lot times we just give a safe kind of generic answer,” she said. “Sorry to not have this bombshell story, but I cannot confirm them.”
“I don’t have the knowledge of this being fact, I don’t,” she added of the rumored relationship. “I misspoke.”
Jordan said she and Foxx have a teasing friendship, but don’t talk about their personal lives.
“I hate that this has blown up like this and I feel like a lot is being put on a three-second clip from a podcast,” Jordan continued. “I just want my friend to be happy with whoever he’s with, but I don’t even want to know anymore! It’s none of my business and again, I’ve never seen them together.”
Hmm, we can only wonder if they still have any kind of friendship in the wake of the mess she created, whether it’s really true or not.
There is confirmation that Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes are indeed a couple, but the confirmation comes from former Real Housewives of Atlanta star Claudia Jordan, so…sip tea with caution.
Claudia joined the Allegedly podcast on Tuesday and said of Foxx, “[He’s a] good friend of mine. Never [hooked up with him].” When asked about his relationship with Holmes, Jordan added, “He is very happy with her. I like that he seems very happy.”
The confirmation comes after Holmes sparked engagement rumors in January when she was spotted wearing hardware on her ring finger, reviving talk that she’s been dating Foxx after her split from Tom Cruise.
The rumors originated in 2013 at the 4th annual ‘Apollo in the Hamptons’ event, where Jamie and Katie were photographed dancing together. Then, earlier this year, there were rumors they have “been hooking up on the DL” for the past year and a half.
JUST MARRY HER ALREADY: Celebrity Couples We'd Like To See Hitched
1. Teyana Taylor and Iman ShumpertSource:Instagram 1 of 14
2. Jennifer Lopez and Casper SmartSource:PR 2 of 14
3. Tank and Zena FosterSource:Tank's Instagram 3 of 14
4. Emily B and FabolousSource:Emily B Instagram 4 of 14
5. Omarion and April JonesSource:Omarion Instagram 5 of 14
6. Victor Cruz and Elaina Watley6 of 14
7. Vanessa Simmons and Mike WayansSource:Instagram 7 of 14
8. Don Cheadle and Bridgid CoulterSource:PR Photos 8 of 14
9. Chrissy and Jim JonesSource:Instagram 9 of 14
10. Keri HIlson and Serge IbakaSource:Instagram 10 of 14
11. Kyla Pratt and @IAmComptonSource:Instagram 11 of 14
12. Draya and Orlando ScandrickSource:Instagram 12 of 14
13. Oprah and SteadmanSource:PR Photos 13 of 14
14. Jennifer Hudson and David OtungaSource:PR Photos 14 of 14