They’ve overcome rumors of cheating, internal strife with career ambitions and time away from each other, but Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey have a legal obstacle on their hands that threatens to derail their marriage.
In an interview with Rolling Out, Bailey opened up about the latest issue facing her and Thomas. You see, Thomas’ legal situation stems from an incident involving Brandon Link, who alleges the “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star grabbed him and threw him across the room after he went to Thomas’ Sports One bar in Charlotte, North Carolina to negotiate with Thomas on renting space in the bar.
According to Link, he got a concussion upon hitting his head on the edge of a table after Thomas threw him across the room.
Thomas countered Link’s claim, saying that Link was drunk and belligerent at the time of the incident. As a result, Thomas stated that Link had to be escorted away from the bar by security. Thomas goes on to point out that once Link got outside, he slipped on the icy ground and hit his head.
With no arrests made by police and no mention of an assault occurring in police records, time is becoming the enemy of Thomas’ marriage as the case goes to court and he has to devote a good bit of time to fight the case.
“It’s an unfortunate situation,” Bailey told Rolling Out. “Now even though he’s innocent, he still has to go through the process of going to court or whatever. It’s still just less time that he can focus on work and focus on me because now he’s got to deal with that situation.”
Despite the case preventing the couple from spending time with each other, Bailey is fully in Thomas’ corner, as she stands by him in his legal battle
“Because of Peter’s businesses, he’s very accessible. People can walk into Sports One, and of course he has to be a host to some degree—he’s going to be pleasant to people who support his bar,” she said.
“But sometimes there’s a situation where the whole fan part of it, some of the fans can get a little aggressive or a little comfortable,” Bailey continued. “I think this is a situation where one of his fans just got a little too comfortable and he really just kind of got up in Peter’s personal space.”
As the interview continued, Bailey provided details about what happened between Thomas and Link.
“Lord knows what can happen when you get into somebody’s personal space too much,” Bailey said. “And he was talking some little kind of crazy stuff to the point where Peter definitely felt like he needed to push him away from him because he was like kind of leaning into him too close. Some of the things he was saying were definitely aggressive.”
Celebrity Women Who Got With Men Who Were Broke
1. Janet Jackson married Rene Elizondo, a songwriter and dancerSource:Janet Jackson Twitter 1 of 10
2. Jennifer Lopez married Cris Judd, a choreographer for her video 'Love Don't Cost A Thing'Source:AP 2 of 10
3. Model Nazanin Mandi has been with a Miguel for 15 years, long before he became a singer.Source:PR 3 of 10
4. Britney Spears married back up dancer Kevin Federline before they ultimately divorced.Source:PR 4 of 10
5. Fantasia's second baby's daddy worked as a T-Mobile sales represenativeSource:Fantasia Instagram 5 of 10
6. Andrea Kelly married Brian McKee a barber and aspiring singer6 of 10
7. Lil' Mo is married to a professional boxer.Source:Lil Mo Instagram 7 of 10
8. Sherri Shepherd married Lamar Salley, an out of work television writerSource:PR 8 of 10
9. Phaedra Parks married Apollo, an ex-con accused of fraudSource:YouTube Screenshot 9 of 10
10. Tia Mowry married Cory, an unemployed aspiring actorSource:Tia Mowry Instagram 10 of 10
(Photo Source: Cynthia Bailey Instagram)