Steve Harvey has way more job security with the Miss Universe organization than we thought.
Social media exploded last week when Steve announced the wrong winner at 2015 Miss Universe pageant. It was almost painful to watch Miss Colombia be de-crowned after she’d had a moment to soak in her glorious (almost) victory.
Everyone was sure that this would be the first and last time Steve hosted the event. Then it was reported that he’d been asked to host the 2016 pageant, and he’d signed a multi-year deal for the gig. There’s another interesting tidbit about his contract, though.
As it turns out, producers didn’t just invite Steve back because they’re banking on everyone tuning in to see if he makes the same mistake. Black Enterprise reports that the TV personality/author owns part of the company that bought the Miss Universe franchise from Donald Trump.
As Steve revealed to Black Enterprise, “I have a deal with the talent part of [WME/IMG], but I also have a deal with the business part of it. A part ownership in it.”
Steve’s got some very big plans for the franchise. He’s hoping to make the pageant even bigger than it already is.
“If I take this and can do to this franchise what I’ve done with the Steve Harvey Show or Family Feud, it could be very successful for us.”
These Are What Beautiful Black Bodies Look Like...
1. Beautiful Black BodiesSource:Kevin Mazur/Getty Images 1 of 8
2.Source:Frazer Harrison/Getty Images 2 of 8
3. Chrisette MicheleSource:Tommaso Boddi/Getty Images 3 of 8
4. Nicki MinajSource:Gary Gershoff/Getty Images 4 of 8
5. Misty CopelandSource:Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images 5 of 8
6. Kenya MooreSource:Michael Tran/Getty Images 6 of 8
7. TrinaSource:Aaron Davidson/Getty Images 7 of 8
8. CassieSource:Shareif Ziyadat/Getty Images 8 of 8