HuffPost Live dared to go where no other media outlet has treaded before with R. Kelly, and the R&B crooner wasn’t having it.

Kels appeared on the Internet talk show to discuss his new album The Buffet – the one he’s begging black folks to support. But when reporter Caroline Modarressy-Tehrani began asking him about his past allegations of sexual abuse against a minor, he straight walked off the set.

R. Kelly unhooking his mic to leave mid-interview at HuffPost Live (Dec. 21, 2015)

“I’m fittin’ to have a great time [in New York]. I didn’t come here for you to spoil that,” Kelly said to his interviewer. “So you got one more question. One more question.”

Modarressy-Tehrani’s used her last question to again bring up the “multiple accusations” against him regarding sexual abuse.

Kelly began talking over her question.

“I love my fans,” he concluded before pointing at Modarressy-Tehrani and adding, “And I love you, too.”

She replied, “You don’t need to give me any of your love, sir.” Attempting to pivot, she said, “I have a video question for you….”

“You don’t have no video question for me because this interview is over,” Kelly said, unhooking his mic.

HuffPost proudly tweeted video of this entire exchange and Kelly’s storm-out. Watch below:

Celebs Who Have Been Accused of Sexual Assault

25 thoughts on “R. Kelly Walks Out Of Interview When Asked About Allegations Of Sexual Misconduct [WATCH]

1. I am not condoning R. Kelly if he did what he has been accused of, but GOD is the ultimate judge. We as humans categorize sin, but sin is sin. There is no little sin nor big sin. Last black people are made the poster child of every evil in this world. Just look at history.

2. Most celebrities do sit down interviews with questions they have already given the media outlet; so where was his publicist and media entourage, so that he doesn’t look as if he is defecting questions. The interview should have never happened without his PR people. They are the ones who make sure you don’t do anything stupid to tarnish your image, and when you do, they can clean up and go into overdrive. So once again, Mr. Kelly acted, and reacted from his own stupidity of sitting down in the first place. So know one did their homework to see what type of media outlet this was, and no one did the homework on the reporter to pull notes on her and any past allegations that have been made against her??? Once again, he was ill-prepared.

3. I think the reporter was rude and nasty. He wasn’t there for that and when he said he wouldn’t discuss that info the questions should have stopped. I say Kelly handled himself very well.

4. La Marr D. on said:

Many of you probably love Marvin Gaye music. Did you know that Marvin Gaye had sexual relations with a 17 year old? Even though she became his wife, she was 17 when they first had their first sexual encounter. Will you stop listening to his music? How about Muhammad Ali. At the age of 25, he married a 17
    year old girl by the name of Berlinda Boyd. Do we stop acknowledging him as one of greatest social figures of all time?

5. Samantha on said:

Even if he did those crimes court says otherwise he will pay for crimes/sins in HIS judgement day not yours or mine~~ what the reporter did was absolutely wrong ~~it’s over and done with I would have walked awary also not to mention he gave her another chance to ask questions related to today’s music and wished her well upon his departure ~~enough said~ bottom line lady get over old stories talk about current events

6. La Marr D. on said:

Whenever someone uses a hypothesis to prove their point, it is based on false assumptions. hypo(under) thesis(placing)= hypothesis(foundation). You are trying to prove an argument based on certain conditions which only stands to prove the supposition in which you place on the argument. Would I allow my daughter to date him? LOL

7. La Marr D. on said:

You are assuming the tape you saw was Robert Kelly. Again with all of this so-called evidence, the State of Illinois found Robert Kelly not guilty on all 14 counts; anything else is nothing more than speculations and allegations.

8. specialt757 on said:

Well again, I’m not the one he has to answer to. The courts may have ruled in his favor, however, I saw the tape and so has the rest of the world. When we see a police officer kill or beat the hell out of a black man, we surely believe that, but this, we should forget? I do agree we should move passed it, but forget, I don’t think so.

9. Lavern scott on said:

We need to let this matter go it was settle in the courts I guess by a judge or jury but in the end what’s matter is it settle with GOD?

10. La Marr D. on said:

This shows there is no belief in innocent until proven guilty. Remember, he was found not guilty on all 14 counts by the State of Illinois; it’s time we put this to rest.

11. I guess certain actions will follow him for the rest of his life. With that being said, “Backyard Party” sounds a whole lot like “Step in the name of Love”. Well good luck to him, he did right by walking out. This interview was a set up to bring up his past and nothing more.

12. swife@gmail.com on said:

What if he’s really not guilty? Chris Brown is definitely guilty, but he’s still beloved. Terrance Howard is definitely guilty, but he’s beloved. Mendecees is going to prison for molestation that he didn’t attest, but he’s still the beloved father and husband on Love & Hip Hop.

• specialt757 on said:

“Mendecees is going to prison for molestation…” What? Wow I thought he was going for federal drug related charges…who knew?

13. specialt757 on said:

So unfortunate. Robert is a great song writer, seems like everything he writes and sings turns to gold. I know people make mistakes and others won’t let them live it down, but he never seems to acknowledge or take responsibility for them. He doesn’t seem in the least humble it’s all about chasing that next dollar. I really feel bad and ashamed for him even though he doesn’t have any shame. I’m not his judge or jury but every knee shall bow…

14. KarenRSilva on said:

($)…($)….G­­o­­­o­­­g­­l­­e­­­ i­­s­­ <­­-p­­a­­y­­i­­n­­g­­ 9­­7­­$ p­­e­­r h­­o­­u­­r! ­­W­­o­­r­­k ­­f­­­­o­­r ­­f­­­­e­­­­w­­ h­­­­o­­u­­r­­s ­­a­­n­­d h­­a­­v­­e l­­o­­n­­g­­e­­r w­­i­­t­­h­­ f­­­­r­­i­­e­­n­­d­­s & ­­f­­a­­m­­i­­l­­y­­! ­­O­­n ­­t­­u­­e­­s­­d­­a­­y I g­­o­­t ­­a­­ g­­r­­e­­a­­t ­­n­­e­­w­­ L­­a­­n­­d­­ R­­o­­v­­e­­r ­­R­­a­­n­­g­­e ­­R­­o­­v­­e­­r­­ f­­r­­o­­m h­­a­­v­­i­­n­­g e­­a­­r­­n­­e­­d­­ $­­8­­7­­2 t­­h­­i­­s ­­l­­a­­s­­t­­ f­­o­­u­­r­­ w­­e­­­­e­­k­­s.­­.­­ I­­t­­ s­­o­­u­­n­­d­­s­­ u­­n­­b­­e­­l­­i­­e­­v­­a­­b­­l­­e­­ b­­u­­t ­­y­­o­­u w­­o­­n­­t f­­o­­r­­g­­i­­v­­e ­­y­­o­­u­­r­­s­­e­­l­­f i­­f ­­y­­o­­u ­­d­­o­­n­­’­­t­­ c­­h­­e­­c­­k i­­t­­…
    ➤➤➤➤➤➤. Click.Here.To.More.Full.Detail

15. Chickens are coming home to roost Sir….I’ve never supported R. Kelly, and my issues stem from him marrying a young woman and taking her trust, youth and virtue, by the name of Aaliyah. The only reason why he did not go to prison behind, taking a woman across state line and marrying her, where it was legal; is her dad forced his hand to let Aaliyah out of her contract, and annul the marriage. He should’ve been labeled a sexual predator! Just look at all the other allegations, and court time he’s taking up with other young women, to defend himself in a video, in which he denies to this day….that wasn’t him? Uh-huh….

16. Charles on said:

R Kelly is a MONSTER, and it is time that people treat him that way….it is so sad to see that BLACK AMERICA continue to see this piece of shi…..as anything other than that.