Thou shalt not mess with Patti LaBelle.
The legendary R&B/Soul singer performed in Vancouver Friday night and invited a couple of audience members to have a good time with her on stage, but there’s always that one person who takes it just a tad bit too far.
While performing her smash hit “Lady Marmalade,” a fan began unbuttoning his shirt in front of the crowd and she quickly stopped the performance. In the TMZ-provided clip above, Patti loses it once the fan turns his back on her. She ends up kicking him out of the building.
Happy Birthday, Patti LaBelle!
1. 1. Patti LaBelle at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall 2011 - The Heart Truth's Red Dress Collection (Photo: PR Photos)1 of 11
2. 2. Patti LaBelle at the ELLE Magazine's July 2010 "Women In Music" Issue Celebration held in New York City. (PR Photos)2 of 11
3. 3. Patti LaBelle and Quincy Jones at the Apollo Theater 75th Anniversary Gala held in New York City in 2009. (PR Photos)3 of 11
4. 4. Patti LaBelle at Gabrielle's Angel Foundation for Cancer Research Celebrates Second Decade with "Gabrielle's Gala" (PR)4 of 11
5. 5. Patti LaBelle at the 2007 World Music Awards held in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo: PR Photos)5 of 11
6. 6. Patti LaBelle at A Song 4 U - A Concert of Hope held in 2006 in Hollywood, CA. (Photo: PR Photos)6 of 11
7. 7. Patti LaBelle and Nelly at the 4th Annual Angel Ball 2005 held in New York City. (Photo: PR Photos)7 of 11
8. 8. Patti LaBelle at the 2004 VH1 Divas held in Las Vgas, NV. (Photo: PR Photos)8 of 11
9. 9. Patti LaBelle at the 2003 14th Annual Glamour Women of the Year Awards held in New York City. (Photo: PR Photos)9 of 11
10. 10. Patti LaBelle at the 8th Annual Lady of Soul Train Awards held in Pasadena, CA in 2002. (Photo: PR Photos)10 of 11
11. 11. Patti Labelle and Mariah Carey at the 1999 Billboard Music Awards held in Las Vegas, NV. (Photo: PR Photos)11 of 11
SOURCE: TMZ | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty