Congratulations are in order for Misty Copeland.
The 32-year-old ballerina announced that she is engaged to attorney Olu Evans.
If Evans’ name doesn’t ring a bell, maybe the fact that the 37-year-old lawyer is a cousin of actor Taye Diggs will do the trick.
According to theGrio.com, Copeland met Evans at a New York City club in 2004. The couple, who’ve been together for the past 10 years, currently share an apartment on Manhattan’s Upper West Side.
Copeland opened up about the kind of wedding dress she will wear earlier this week to Vanity Fair, saying, ‘I’d like to show my figure, somewhat – romantic and elegant.”
“I don’t think I want to go super poofy or anything like that,” she said. “It’s very different for a performer, a ballerina, someone who is onstage a lot and wears big costumes. So it’s not like this is my chance to be that way, because that’s something I do every day, almost. I want to feel like myself – but more beautiful than I do every day.”
Copeland’s engagement is the latest in what has been a great year for the performer. In June, she made history when she became, the first African-American female principal dancer for the American Ballet Theatre.
Celebrity Engagements We Didn't See Coming
1. Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian JrSource:Instagram 1 of 13
2. Trai Byers and Grace GealeySource:Instagram 2 of 13
3. Kevin Hart and Eniko ParrishSource:Kevin Hart Instagram 3 of 13
4. Ludacris and EudoxieSource:Ludacris Instagram 4 of 13
5. Kim Kardashian and Kanye WestSource:Instagram 5 of 13
6. Evan Ross and Ashlee SimpsonSource:Instagram 6 of 13
7. Mariah Carey and Nick CannonSource:PR Photos 7 of 13
8. Chad 'Ochocinco' and Evelyn LozadaSource:Twitter 8 of 13
9. Big Sean & Naya RiveraSource:Twitter 9 of 13
10. Kelly Rowland and Tim WitherspoonSource:Instagram 10 of 13
11. Khloe Kardashian and Lamar OdomSource:PR Photos 11 of 13
12. Shad Moss and Erica MenaSource:Instagram 12 of 13
13. Katie Holmes and Tom CruiseSource:PR Photos 13 of 13
(Photo Source: Misty Copeland Facebook)