It’s safe to say that Nicki Minaj owned 2014. From her completely revamped makeunder to dropping her album “The Pinkprint,” The Barb lived in the spotlight.
Her eagerly anticipated 3rd album, The Pinkprint dropped earlier this month and we’ve learned more about her in the last weeks than we have in the five years she’s been on the scene. Heartbreak will do that to you and it was the catalyst that helped Nicki craft her most introspective album to date.
Here’s the five reasons why Nicki changed the game in 2014:
1. Her Impressive Business Savvy
Two years after becoming the first woman on the annual Forbes list, Nicki raked in an impressive $14 Million dollars this year. From her endorsements with Mac, Pepsi, OPI, her own Myx Moscato and her recent campaign with Roberto Cavalli, Nicki is well versed in diversifying her portfolio.
2. She Dropped Two Songs With Beyonce
We love when Beyonce talks that talk! After dropping the Flawless remix, Nicki teamed up with Queen Bey for “Feelin’ Myself.” The result was another feminist anthem for the girls and it’s probably our favorite song on “The Pinkprint.”
3. “The Pinkprint” Is Her Most Personal Album To Date
If you thought you knew Nicki Minaj before this album, you were wrong. From the opening song “All Things Go” to “Grand Piano,” Nicki lets us in to her innermost thoughts and feelings. Reflecting on the loss of a child, the death of her cousin and her recent break-up with Safaree Samuels, Nicki revealed a woman at a crossroads. After listening to the album in its entirety, we’re sure Nicki will triumph through this difficult time.
4. She Raps Better Than Her Counterparts
Let’s keep it 100. What rapper is spitting better bars than Nicki Minaj? Sure, everyone has their “Top Five” but if exclude Nicki Minaj you’re either sexist or a hater (just kidding). Either way, you can’t deny the fact that Nicki out here dropping gems more than your favorite rapper on their best day.
5. Her Makeunder Is Fabulous
We’ll admit it, we didn’t love all of Nicki’s outrageous costumes and outfits. Sorry! While it was mostly entertaining, it was over the top. We love Nicki’s stripped down look because she looks like us. We’re now able to see something Nicki is wearing and we can actually go pick up something like it in stores.
There’s so many reasons why Nicki is our Woman of the Year but the main reason is that she’s dope. She a strong woman that’s in control of her destiny and following her dream. We love her!
10 Style Tips We Learned From Nicki Minaj
1. Choose one bold accessory.1 of 10
2. Rock a matching set.2 of 10
3. Embrace monochrome color.3 of 10
4. Keep jewelry to one metal.4 of 10
5. When wearing prints, keep accessories simple.5 of 10
6. Balance bold eyeshadow with nude lips.6 of 10
7. Don't compete with your neckline.7 of 10
8. Add a pop of color with a pink lip.8 of 10
9. Spice up a black dress with bold jewelry.9 of 10
10. Bring out your natural beauty with soft makeup.10 of 10
Woman Of The Year: 5 Reasons Nicki Minaj Owned 2014 was originally published on hellobeautiful.com