Don’t call it a comeback. The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin never left but it’s been a while since the singer put out new music. Her legion of fans will once again be amazed as she gears up for the release of her new album, Aretha Franklin Sings The Great Diva Classics on October 21st.
The long awaited collection of music will consist of Aretha performing some of the most popular music over the last three decades, including Adele’s ‘Rolling in the Deep’.
On why she picked ‘Rolling in the Deep’:
“I loved Rolling in the Deep. We picked what we thought was the best in pop, R&B classics. I saw a promo on her and there were some schoolkids on the bus and this little girl was getting off on the hook. I like that song and I thought I’d take a pass at it, too.
Aretha Franklin Sings The Great Diva Classics Track Listing:
1. “At Last” (Etta James Cover)
2. “Rolling In The Deep” (Adele Cover)
3. “Midnight Train To Georgia” (Gladys Knight and The Pips Cover)
4. “I Will Survive” (Gloria Gaynor Cover)
5. “People” (Barbra Streisand Cover)
6. “No One” (Alicia Keys Cover)
7. “I’m Every Woman” (Chaka Khan Cover) / “Respect”
8. “Teach Me Tonight” (Dinah Washington Cover)
9. “You Keep Me Hangin’ On” (The Supremes Cover)
10. “Nothing Compares 2 U” (Sinéad O’Connor Cover)
Listen to the interview for upcoming tour dates and news on Aretha’s son and granddaughter making music.