The Internet is trumpeting a reported email sent from Katie Holmes to Robin Thicke as a sign that the two are about to be more than just friends.
Robin and Katie originally bonded on the set of their exes’ 2010 film “Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol,” while Patton and Katie’s ex-husband Tom Cruise were shooting scenes together.
She dropped him an email recently to see how he was, knowing he was going through divorce hell,” said a source to the outlet New Idea. “And he was so happy to hear from her.”
The two reportedly plan to get together in New York once Thicke’s tour is over.
“They’ve arranged a date in New York after his tour ends this month. Everyone’s encouraging this as they have so much in common and if anyone can get him over Paula, it’s Katie,” said the source.
Holmes, 35, reportedly helped Robin, 37, with his newborn baby Julian while Paula shot her more intense scenes.
“Robin totally leaned on Katie,” the source added. “As she was in the same boat with Suri, who was four at the time. She was invaluable with her advice on looking after a new baby. They bonded over tips and music after he heard her sing to Suri.”
According to TMZ, Thicke is finally waving the white flag, telling people in his camp that his marriage with Patton is officially over.
An attorney is reportedly working on a financial settlement to split belongings, however, neither Thicke nor Patton have hired a divorce lawyer. The “Blurred Lines” singer admitted that he will not be the one to file for a divorce, instead Patton will have to step forward if she wants to split, but he is done begging for her back and is moving on, the website reported.
Do you think the pair make a good couple or is too soon for Robin to be in a new relationship?
Paula & Robin: When Things Were Good
1. Paula Patton and Robin Thicke met while in high school and fell in love.1 of 18
2. Paula attended the University of Southern California Film School and Robin hoping for a career in the music industry wrote songs for other musicians.2 of 18
3. Paula auditioned for movie roles and Robin released his first album in 2002.3 of 18
4. 2005 was a very memorable year for the two. They got married, Paula nabbed a small role in the film Hitch (Mandy) and Robin released his critically acclaimed album The Evolution of Robin Thicke.4 of 18
5. Paula's career got even brighter when she starred in Idlewild with OutKast and Deja Vu with Denzel Washington in 2006.5 of 18
6. Robin was invited to visit the Oprah Winfrey show in 2006.6 of 18
7. Paula appeared in Robin's 'Lost Without You' video in 2006 and we all turned green with envy.7 of 18
8. In 2007, the success of Robin's CD found these two lovebirds at the Soul Train Music Awards.8 of 18
9. The adorable couple had been together a decade when Robin shared the secret of their strong relationship during an interview with Essence. He said "You have to respect that person, and that way you’ll listen to them and you’ll care about what they’re saying."9 of 18
10. Paula starred in the award winning film Precious and Robin wrote and produced a track for the movie.10 of 18
11. The teenage lovebirds are now considered a Hollywood power couple.11 of 18
12. Paula and Robin welcomed a baby boy, Julian, in 2010. Both are delighted to be parents.12 of 18
13. Paula and Robin at the premiere 'Baggage Claim' in which she had the lead role.13 of 18
14. They appeared on the cover of Hong Kong Prestige magazine in 2013: Two Hot - Sexy Showbiz SuperCouple Robin Thicke & Paula Patton. The magazine also featured a photo spread and an interview.14 of 18
15. Robin achieved international fame in 2013 with the release of 'Blurred Lines' which was a worldwide hit and was considered as the summer's anthem.15 of 18
16. Paula is currently filming the movie 'Warcraft' that is set for release in 2016. According to reports, she called Robin while on location stating she wanted a divorce.16 of 18
17. A family pic of Paula, Robin and son Julian on a trip to the pumpkin patch.17 of 18
18. After nearly two decades together, they announced their split. Robin has vowed to win back his beautiful wife. You know he's going to miss all this.18 of 18
REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information, call 407-248-9191.
(Photo Source: Instagram)