The homegoing service for Dr. Maya Angelou is today at 10:00 a.m. at the Wake Forest University’s Wait Chapel. You can watch the full service here.

Celebrities React To Dr. Maya Angelou’s Death Via Social Media
Phenomenal Woman: Our Favorite Dr. Maya Angelou Quotes

18 thoughts on “LIVE STREAM: Dr. Maya Angelou’s Homegoing Service

1. DSpice on said:

Beautiful and graceful like the regal Dr. Maya Angelou!!!! God has another Angel in His midst and another voice of wisdom. She’s resting peacefully and comfortably in one of God’s many mansions/rooms. Rest Dr. Angelou rest!

2. almirah norgrove on said:

Dr.Maya Angelou will be surely be miss she was a very very special person 2 all of us her words of wishom n her poems was fantasticn amazing woman RIP

3. Simply beautiful Homegoing Celebration. The wales of my eyes was full throughout the entire services. I laughed and I cried. Her son Guy said it right, “We have added to the population of angels” Dr. Maya Angelou will truly be missed. I will move forward with my life and honor her because I am a Phenomenal Woman. My ultimate goal now is to become Dr. Ella J. Dale. Thank you Dr. Maya Angelou

4. Wilma Sykes-Brown on said:

A wonderfully moving and classy service! Thank you Dr. Angelou for living and contributing so much to his world. Rest in peace! Well done.

5. Daphne Knox on said:

As an educator, I know, saw, and experienced how Dr. Maya Angelou’s poetry, words of wisdom, and walk in life changed the lives of young people for the Greater Good! She was a powerful Force and now she is a powerful BEING! Thank you BAW for allowing us to say our goodbye’s and share in the Home-going Service of Dr. Maya!

6. V. Mullins on said:

Thank you TJMS Text Tom Club, I would have missed this completely were it not for your text! I feel blessed to have caught the last 15 minutes! V. Mullins

7. Sarah Jean Davidson on said:

Maya Angelou told us to stay true to ourselves as black women… If we are not true to ourselves we are “Fake.”Thanks for sharing Dr. Angelou’s message to all black women and all women…. Dr. Angelou kept it REAL!!! Good message Michelle