It’s official: the Hollywood lovebirds are now man and wife!
It’s been a long time coming for Kim Kardashian and Kanye West but the two star-crossed lovers finally got married today at the 16th century Belvedere Fort in Florence, Italy as their daughter North West and star-studded guest list looked on.
According to reports, the lavish ceremony was performed by Rich Wilkerson Jr., a pastor from North Miami, and Bruce Jenner escorted the bride down the aisle. Sources say the “Bound 2” rapper was “the typical nervous groom” before saying “I do.” He was seen “swigging obsessively from a bottle of water and shifting his weight from one foot to the other.”
“It was funny how nervous he was,” an onlooker told People. “He clearly knew the gravity of what he was about to do. This morning he was all smiles, but as it got closer, you could see that the nerves were kicking in. It’s common for most grooms. I’ve seen it all before.”
According to Us Weekly, Beyonce and hubby Jay Z bailed on couple’s wedding and decided to spend Memorial Day weekend stateside in the Hamptons instead. Vogue’s Anna Wintour also turned down their invitation due to a previous “family obligation.”
The bridal party and their hundreds of guests touched down for the wedding festivities after an extravagant rehearsal dinner at the Palace of Versailles last night.
A spokeswoman at the Florence mayor’s office told People that the couple rented the space for 30,000 euros ($41,000). The total cost of the wedding is said to be around $7 million (People magazine points out that’s enough to pay for 250 “average” weddings in the U.S., according to financial information service GoBankingRates.com) although the couple may get many of the costs back through promotional deals.
Kanye opened up to his mother-in-law Kris Jenner, on her old talk show, and said that he’d had his eyes on Kim all the way back in 2006 when he saw her in a picture with Paris Hilton. Kim and Kanye were first pictured together in 2007 and rumors of them taking interest in each other persisted while the rapper was linked Amber Rose (who once called Kim a “home wrecker”) and the reality star was dating Reggie Bush. The duo officially stepped out together as a couple in April 2012 at a screening of “The Hunger Games.” “KimYe,” as they were quickly dubbed by the media, played coy for a time, but the relationship stepped up a notch in December 2012 when Kanye announced that Kim was pregnant during an Atlantic City show.
This is the first marriage for Kanye, but third marriage for Kim who first wed producer Damon Thomas at 20-years-old and divorced him in 2004. She officially divorced her second husband, NBA player Kris Humphries (remember him and their wedding special on E! network?), in June 2013. Although that marriage only lasted 72-days, the divorce battle took a long 20-months and was finalized just in time for a clean slate as Kim and Kanye welcomed their first child, North, into the world June 15.
Kanye popped the question in October 2013 with a 20.5 carat Lorraine Schwartz ring at AT&T Park in San Francisco as a 50-piece orchestra played. The moment was captured on E!’s “Keeping Up With The Kardashians,” of course.
“[Kanye] and I have been best friends for a real long time and just been in each other’s lives and known each other for a long time and I can honestly say that’s just a really good foundation for a good relationship,” Kim told ET in after her engagement.
From their beautiful baby, to Kanye’s “Bound 2″ music video that starred Kim, to the Vogue cover that dubbed them “The World’s Most Talked About Couple,” these two’s collaborations have surely kept the entertainment world buzzing. Stay tuned for what’s to come next with these newlyweds!
Famous Family Swirls
1. Tamera Mowry HousleySource:Instagram 1 of 36
2. Tracee Ellis Ross & her DadSource:Tracee's Instagram 2 of 36
3. Kanye & Kim Kardashian WestSource:Kim Instagram 3 of 36
4. Colin KaepernickSource:Instagram 4 of 36
5. Ty Burrell and Family5 of 36
6. Alfre Woodard, Roderick Spencer, Mavis & Duncan6 of 36
7. Paula Patton and son Julian7 of 36
8. Heidi Klum and children8 of 36
9. Joely Fisher and family9 of 36
10. Hank, Kendra and Hank, Jr.10 of 36
11. Sandra Bullock11 of 36
12. Mariska Hargitay and family12 of 36
13. Mary Louise Parker13 of 36
14. Gary & Kenya Owen14 of 36
15. Hugh Jackman15 of 36
16. Steven Spielberg & Kate Capshaw16 of 36
17. Kristin Davis17 of 36
18. Charlize Theron18 of 36
19. Brad, Angie & children19 of 36
20. Chris Noth and Tara Wilson20 of 36
21. Connie Britton21 of 36
22. Madonna and children22 of 36
23. Tom Cruise23 of 36
24. Jillian Michaels, Heidi Rhoades, Lukensia & Pheonix24 of 36
25. Halle Berry & Oliver Marinez25 of 36
26. Katherine Hiegl, Josh Kelly and daughter26 of 36
27. Jane Fonda27 of 36
28. Michelle Pfeiffer and family28 of 36
29. Chris Ivery & Ellen Pompeo29 of 36
30. Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs30 of 36
31. Justin, Keisha Chambers and daughter31 of 36
32. Kimora, Russell, Djimon and children32 of 36
33. Meg and Daisy Ryan33 of 36
34. Mellody Hobson & George Lucas34 of 36
35. Vanessa, Kobe and daughters35 of 36
36. President Obama when he was a boy with mom, sister and stepdad36 of 36