Luckie’s Sleep Tip: Avoid Alcohol Before Sleep
- Promotes high quality sleep. Though alcohol may put you to sleep, it negatively affects sleep quality. As alcohol is metabolized, it wakes up the brain, causing sleep disruption.
- Can assist in getting 7-8 hours of sleep. 7-8 hour of high quality sleep can assist with:
- Appetite control
- Energy improvement
- Stress reduction
- Production of growth hormone for calorie-burning muscle
- Optimal performance during exercise
- Maximum results for race or other competitive sporting event
HOW TO DO: Avoid nightcaps because your body needs time to process the alcohol. If you must drink alcohol, do so several hours before sleep.
Luckie’s Exercise Tip: Bicycle Crunch
- Tones abs and obliques (muscles along sides of torso)
HOW TO DO:
1. Lay on your back with the sole of right foot on the floor and left leg extended mid-air.
2. Place hands at the sides of head. Raise head and shoulders off floor and contract abs. This is the starting position.
Luckie’s Quick Tips: Avoid This Before Going To Bed was originally published on blackdoctor.org