Whoopi Goldberg is producing a reality series that will follow her 40-year-old daughter as she tries to reinvent herself both personally and professionally.
The 58-year-old actress and co-host of “The View” is producing through her One Ho Productions along with 44 Blue Productions. A network is not yet attached to the untitled project, which will focus on her daughter Alex Martin – who has three children in their teens and 20s – and her best friend Leisa.
According to Deadline, the show will follow Alex embarking on her journey with the help of her husband Bernard and Leisa, whose father is actor Lee Weaver.
Whoopi said: ”I wanted to tell the story of two best friends who experience all of the major phases of a woman’s life together. Alex and Leisa have been friends since they were 17 and are both children of famous people, and are now approaching 40. My daughter just became a grandmother and her daughter just turned 24 and they are just trying to figure their lives out.
”This is really the story of an all-American family for a new generation; it looks a little different than the storybooks, but it’s filled with love and laughter.”
The show will begin when Alex’s 24-year-old daughter moves back in with her parents, along with her fiance and their baby daughter Charli Rose.
Reality TV Fantasies
1. The Wade UnionSource:Instagram 1 of 18
2. The Coolest: LL Cool J and his familySource:PR Photos 2 of 18
3. Meet The EppsSource:Instagram 3 of 18
4. All hail the Queen -- Latifah that isSource:PR Photos 4 of 18
5. Let's be real...we'd watch Joseline and Stevie J on their own show5 of 18
6. Niecy Nash and her familySource:Instagram 6 of 18
7. The BryantsSource:Instagram 7 of 18
8. Solange and Boyfriend AlanSource:Instagram 8 of 18
9. Kevin Hart and his familySource:Instagram 9 of 18
10. The Smith Family ... how do they really get along? Open marriage? Do they even live together?10 of 18
11. Monica and Shannon Brown: Love, music, basketball, and family.11 of 18
12. The Kanye West Experience. Drama, arrogance and his un-censored mouth as he controls Kim Kardashian.12 of 18
13. The Carter Clan: How does hip hop's royal couple really roll?13 of 18
14. The Real Halle Berry Show - An inside glance at her life with her new hubby and two babies.14 of 18
15. Jennifer Hudson - Her life as a mom, fiancee, and superstar.15 of 18
16. The First Family. Never happen . . . but we can dream.16 of 18
17. The Basketball Wives Ex-Husbands' Club...Fun, Fun, more Fun.17 of 18
18. All About Kelly- We'd love to see her life in a more intimate way.18 of 18
REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information visit here.
(Photo Source: PR Photos)