Centric TV wants to be the premiere network for Black women. According to reports, the BET spinoff channel is rebranding itself for the new television season.
Centric is no stranger to change. Originally known as BET on Jazz, BET Jazz, and BET J, the network is kicking off it’s latest shift with new programming including season four of “Single Ladies.” The move is a collaboration with Queen Latifah‘s production company Flavor Unit Entertainment, which is helping Centric produce more shows for Black female audiences.
“We are thrilled to be working once again with Flavor Unit Entertainment and Queen Latifah,” said Debra L. Lee, BET’s Chairman and CEO. “She does it all and we are happy to have her join us as a creative force as we continue to grow Centric into a premiere destination for African American women. We couldn’t be more excited about what’s ahead.”
Louis Carr, BET’s President of Broadcast and Media Sales, said the rebranding of the network is historic. “At more than 10 million strong, and in control of 20 billion dollars in buying power, the African American woman is an increasingly powerful, yet often overlooked consumer. No other network has embraced her with content designed specifically for her – until now,” he explained. “Centric is the first network to deliver the programming that celebrates, inspires and addresses her unique perspective.”
Returning programming includes “Being,” “According to Him & Her,” “Centric Comedy All-Stars” and the Soul Train Awards.
Check Out This Gallery
The Sweeter The Juice: Billionaires Who Love Black Women!
1. For The Love Of MoneySource: 1 of 12
2. Eve With Husband, Maximillion CooperSource: 2 of 12
3. Mellody Hobson WIth Hubby, George LucasSource: 3 of 12
4. Janet Jackson With Hubby, Wissam Al ManaSource: 4 of 12
5. Beyonce With Hubby, Jay ZSource: 5 of 12
6. Naomi Campbell With Controverisial Ex, Vladimir DoroninSource: 6 of 12
7. Kelly Rowland With Old Flame Sir Richard BransonSource: 7 of 12
8. Iman With Hubby, David BowieSource: 8 of 12
9. Angela Howard With Hubby, Matt StoneSource: 9 of 12
10. Grace Hightower With Hubby, Robert De NiroSource: 10 of 12
11. Patrice Motsepe WIth Hubby Dr. Precious Moloi MotsepeSource: 11 of 12
12. Sheila and Bob JohnsonSource: 12 of 12
Keep Up With The D.L. Hughley Show On Facebook!