Lemuel Haynes was the first black person to be ordained by a mainstream Protestant church in the United States. Born in 1753, Haynes was an orphan who went to work as an indentured servant until he was 21 years old. In 1774, Haynes enlisted in the militia as a “Minuteman.” It was during that time he began writing sermons.
- Toast to 'Scandal': 12 Cocktails For the Season Finale
- P&G Everyday- Get Your Brand Saver Coupons Today
- Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion
- Story Behind the Death of Malcolm X's Grandson Doesn't Pass the Smell Test
- Mom in NM Chases Down Child Abductor; Man Arrested
- Famous Folks We Lost to Gun Violence