PLAY AUDIO

Don Lemon has been in Ferguson, Missouri for a few days and talks about the latest in the shooting of unarmed teen, Michael Brown.

On his producer being called the n-word:

“We’re sitting in the news car getting ready and my producer tells me, I was talking to one of the National Guard members and she said he said “you better get out of here, you’re a white woman and we don’t what these n-words are going to do and we may have to tear gas them”.

On Driving While Black in Ferguson:

“From the first time I got here that’s what I’ve been hearing. They say it’s been going through this for years. All of these young men and women share the same story. The young brothers say they aren’t treated like human beings.”

On police officers not living in the community and pending changes:

“They are forced to make an effort because they have the world’s attention. Police departments are going to be afraid that they may be scrutinized like this, and they should.”

Click the link above to hear the entire interview.

For iPhone:

11 thoughts on “Don Lemon On Ferguson: National Guardsman Used N-Word, Young Men Treated Like Animals

1. Honestly on said:

These f*ucking cave n!@@ers are a curse upon humanity. They have brought death and destruction to every continent they have invaded, Africa, Asia, Australia and what we call America. The neanderthal apes slaughtered the inhabitants to possess the land and resources. I hope karma is going to come down on these mayonnaise monkeys long, hard and continuously. They should have never been let out of the caves of Europe.

2. Raised in Da Lou on said:

I was born and raised in St. Louis. I recently moved the h@ out of B more due to aggressive police and Mayor moving all the section 8 fools around me!!! Just learned my nicer county police donated to Officer Wilson’s fund because he will walk. Jurors don’t seem to care for bullying/robbing aggressive thugs!!! Can we fight for kids killed in black on black crime?? I’m still laughing all the networks sent their “light skinned” folks to Ferguson to pretend to be black and talk to the homies. NO Ferguson resident looks like what the network hires1!!!! Good Luck Officer Wilson.

3. Candygirl81 on said:

I can tell you these are facts. I live here in St. Louis and lived in Ferguson almost my whole life. I’ve been harrassed by officers from this department and others, a few even resulting in complaints being filed. I never heard anything come of it. I moved out of Ferguson two years ago because of this reason. This is real people. If you don’t believe it, come see for yourself. I guarantee you will get the proof you need.

• Raised in Da Lou on said:

Oh I believe Cangyirl is telling the truth. The problem is I watched thugs like MB beat down my bro in constantly in St. Louis/E.St. Louis because he chose education (now a Mizzou grad) over thug life. See my siblings will tell you I had no problem bringing out a can of whoop a@ on bullying BUT my bro wasn’t like that!!! My daughter beat the crap out of a bully in B more (messed with a future Athlete of the Year hahahaha)! Candygirl by the ignorance I saw on TV I’m glad you moved because thugs (who get more sympathy from black leaders) don’t care about the kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Candygirl81 on said:

Raised in Da Lou. I did move out of Ferguson but since you know stl, you know that the municipality does not matter. We are all STL, whether its county, city , or east st. Everybody knows everybody. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who have no respect for others here, be it the poor, middle and upper class or police. But, I teach mine. I have a son, and I show him the right way to live. I teach him to keep an eye out for situations that can lead to problems with other young men. Because I know how nothing can turn into a senseless death. I teach him to stop when the police ask him to. Not because of respect for law enforcement, but because I know they see him as nothing more than a thug. And have no problem shooting him. People who are treated like animals will eventually act as such. Maybe if we had more young men who had people like your brother to look up to, they would not condemn his lifestyle so much. But as long as the people who are privelaged to have someone teach them the right way, treat these young people like nothing more than punks, thugs or animals, they dont have a chance. They feel like no one cares about them, so why should they care. So I implore you, don’t call all the MBs thugs, they may just need someone to show them the right way. We can do better. As a race, and as men and women, we can do better. Let’s help where we can, not abandon them. One more thing, there were a lot more peaceful protesting than riots, but you don’t see that on TV.

• Barry Sorrettoe on said:

MOST POLICE DEPARTMENTS ARREST NI^^ER WHORES—-
      HOW MANY ARRESTS DO YOU HAVE—-
      GET OFF THE STREET SLUT and the HUMANS WILL NOT BOTHER YOUR NI^^ER ASS!!!

4. Timekeeper on said:

Please be advised. Stories like the one unfolding with Michael Brown undoubtedly brings out the worst in certain people. As the BET website has gained attention right wing groups, as well as well meaning caucasians who see things from their perspective and it sounds real to them. However, there is one very important element that is misisng. They simply havent lived it! Regardless of meaningful intentions, minus being black its just some thngs they do not understand. Others simply troll this site for one reason. To say the most despicable things they can think of. These trolls under the disguise of anonymity feel emboldened to spew their hatred in secret. Like the weakling bigots they’ve always been this is their perfect avenue to get this hatred off their chest. However, it will never get out of their spirit. As Jesus once said
    “it is not what goes into a man that defiles him, but what comes out of him” The evil spirit in some can never be exorcised form a few words on a blog. Only God can change that. So don’t bother to respond in kind to the beneath contempt from which some of these people and their statements come from. Like Trayvon Martin, Renisha McBride and others, racists, and others who think they know a little bit more than somebody else likes to bring their bouji attitudes and take these opportunities to comfort one another in their unholy matrimony of futile existence. Some of them actually get paid by right wing think tanks to patrol minority websites so they can see and hear what is being said. Their express purpose is to distort, divide and confuse the issues. With the same Nixon like paranoia they want to wire tap, OR, in this case blog tap what people are saying. Others do it simply because of their deep rooted racism they’ve learned since kindergarten while they ate their cheerios at the kitchen table and listened to mom and dad blame every minority they could think of for their lack of success. It would be funny, if it weren’t so tragic. So when you see these racist posts ( And I am certain you will) don’t respond. Let it go and give it ( and them) to GOD. He can handle the situation better than any of us can. “for his judgment cometh, and right soon”
    Peace.

5. African American woman on said:

Thank you, Pat Roy. Like I said the other day, these hand-selected third party,one-sided tid-bits of fodder serve their purpose. Inflames the sheep minded black people and gets them to feel like victims, therefore ignoring any behaviors on our part that create most of the problems we have. That, then, gets turned into nothing is our fault; its the white man who controls us! So backwards and silly. The same white man we accuse of keeping us down is the same white man we keep looking to pull us back up. How is that working so far? We are the only people that can fix us!

6. So I’m reading about a lot of hearsay. Print some verifiable facts for your racist encounters. I’m sure there are times when you feel you are being targeted because of your color. But how about next time take a look at your actions, your maner, the way you are dressed. All of those things do more to make you suspect than your color.