Fox News host Bill O’Reilly is no stranger to offending a wide swath of people during his program, “The O’Reilly Factor.” And this time, his latest insult occurred while he was having a conversation with Reverend Jacques DeGraff, claiming that crime in the United States is at high numbers because of young African-American men.
The conversation took place Monday night, following an earlier discussion with actor LeVar Burton on Monday, whom which O’Reilly curiously refers to as “a good guy.” Continuing his “Race & Crime In America” segment, the host posted the question to Rev. DeGraff if he was wrong in stating, “[o]verwhelmingly, violent crime in this country is generated by young Black men.”
Rev. DeGraff responded that the numbers show that the numbers are about geography and where these young men reside. O’Reilly hit back with a statistic from 2011 that said 91 percent of all Blacks murdered that year were killed by their own people. Rev. DeGraff agreed that the sobering figure was extremely high, but contended that most violent crimes happen within the ethnic groups or social base of the victims.
O’Reilly, to his credit, supported Rev. DeGraff’s exasperation at the lack of coverage by major and minor news outlets on the crime epidemic happening in cities like Chicago, New York, and other major hubs of activity.
After some tense banter over the socioeconomic factors at play with crime and Black Americans, O’Reilly shifted his attention to the George Zimmerman trial.
The host suggested that because the Zimmerman case has dominated the news cycle, it is prompting liberal media and outlets to push the issue of Black-on-Black crime to the wayside. O’Reilly once again injected his opinion that Zimmerman will be acquitted of the murder of Trayvon Martin, and that Blacks will immediately riot in response.
Watch O’Reilly’s interview here:
It isn’t clear what crystal ball O’Reilly is peering in to with his guess that if Zimmerman walks, Black people will collectively destroy the city of Sanford. Of course, it’s easier to take the host’s comments as nothing more than the overreaching bombast he’s become rich and famous for.
However, O’Reilly plays a dangerous game of projecting violence during a time when tensions are high nationwide, especially in the Zimmerman case where nearly all the facts point to the idea that the night watchman clearly acted out of bounds.
Mr. O’Reilly’s schtick is to talk slick and sideways about Blacks and liberals, but this time, his words carry an especially irresponsible tone worthy of an outcry.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Bill O’Reilly Says U.S. Crime High Because Of ‘Young Black Men’