SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — A Florida judge has ruled that jurors at George Zimmerman‘s trial may be told that Trayvon Martin had small amounts of marijuana in his body when he died.
Judge Debra Nelson on Monday denied a prosecution request to keep out parts of a toxicology report that shows Martin had small amounts of marijuana in his system.
Prosecutors argued the information would be prejudicial.
But defense attorneys said it was relevant since Zimmerman believed Martin was under the influence at the time he spotted him in his neighborhood.
Zimmerman is pleading not guilty to second-degree murder. He is claiming he fatally shot Martin in self-defense.
'Just Blame It on a Brotha' Crimes
14 photos Launch gallery
1. Amanda Knox blamed her black boss!
1 of 14
2. Ashley Todd blamed a black man
2 of 14
3. Susan Smith blamed a black man!
3 of 14
4. Charles Stuart blamed a black man!
4 of 14
5. Joran Van der Sloot blamed two black security guards!
5 of 14
6. Timothy McVeigh: The media blamed the Nation of Islam
6 of 14
7. Brian Wells blamed a group of Black men
7 of 14
8. Central Park Jogger- A New York "trial" blamed 5 black/latino teens
8 of 14
9. George Zimmerman blamed the victim, a black teen
9 of 14
10. Bonnie Sweeten blamed two black men
10 of 14
11. Jesse Anderson blamed two black men
11 of 14
12. Robert Harris blamed a black man
12 of 14
13. Charles Manson blamed murders on blacks in hopes to start a race war
13 of 14
14. Bethany Storro blamed a black woman
14 of 14