Christian Ferdinand, 20, admitted to killing Shaniesha Forbes Thursday, officials said. He is charged with homicide by asphyxiation. Authorities arrested him in Maine Wednesday.
Despite Ferdinand’s pregnancy claims, the city’s medical examiner noted Forbes wasn’t pregnant at the time of her death. His alleged words and the official findings set off Forbes’ cousin.
“You had the courage and the balls to kill her but you couldn’t go to the pharmacy to buy a pregnancy test to find out if it was true?” Kerri Ann Thomas said in Brooklyn Federal Court Thursday. “That makes no sense.”
Forbes’ body was found naked and charred on Gerritsen Beach Jan. 6. She had run away from home earlier that month, saying she was going to school. Ferdinand smothered her to death in his cousin’s Nostrand Avenue apartment after she decided against abortion, officials claim.
He then kept Forbes’ body in a suitcase for two days before dumping it at the beach. Ferdinand tried setting the body ablaze, but the fire extinguished before he could do so. The New York medical examiner ruled Shaniesha’s death homicide by asphyxiation in April after the office found that her “lungs did not contain soot, proving that she was killed before being burned on her legs, arms and hands.”
Ferdinand allegedly told police he met Forbes through Facebook and had sexual relations with her.
Shaniesha’s mother, Sandra Price, 40, said she knew her daughter was dating, but didn’t know the age of the boyfriend. “They even showed me his picture… I had never seen him,” Price said.
Kerri Ann Thomas, Shaniesha’s cousin, said that if she and the family had known Forbes was dating a 20-year-old, they would’ve stopped the relationship.
“We would have ended it right there,” she said. “There’s no reason he should be in a relationship with a 14-year-old. You have nothing in common. There’s nothing you should even be talking about.”
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Murder Suspect, 20, Allegedly Admits To Killing Teen Because She Refused Abortion