Ready to temporarily set your personal feelings on the long-lasting effects of colonial imperialism aside to celebrate for the weekend? So are we! We’ve rounded up a list of everything you need to gather a group of your girlfriends to watch Meghan Markle become an official member of the British royal family this Saturday!
Welcome everyone from your fellow honorary bridesmaids to people that just wanna hang and drink with a fun sign featuring the couple’s initials. Try picking up some chalkboard contact paper, or a mini blackboard sign and sticking it to your front door or entryway. Don’t worry about your handwriting here…it’s the thought that counts! Flowers are beautiful. They’re also expensive. Ease into the aesthetic of jolly ‘ol England without breaking the bank by heading to your local florist or supermarket for some eucalyptus. They’ll give your place a fresh garden feel and last for days after the last partygoer has headed home. Distribute them strategically throughout around the party are the same way you would mistletoe.
You can even place a few springs in an ice tray to have ornamental ice cubes to use to garnish the champagne bucket.
Make sure to display your decorative napkins on surfaces throughout the room but stash neutral ones near the food and drink so that any spill can be dealt with without ruining the look of the party.
Put together a mimosa bar by assembling clear carafes of mixers on a table. Having at least three juice options (for example orange, pineapple, and pomegranate) is a great way to ensure that everyone gets something they love. Label the juices with decorative package tags.
It’s also always great to have a non-alcoholic option on deck for those who want to interact without imbibing (like tea or elderflower lemonade). Slip a tuft of cotton candy into your champagne before raising a glass to the happy couple for a Pinterest perfect moment. Home Goods, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx usually have affordable cotton candy bins near the cash register.
Keep things simple with a packaged scone mix and some homemade cucumber sandwiches. Get an affordable cupcake tower to display them on.
Head to your local Trader Joe’s. They have great pre-made snacks and things you can just pop in the oven. Their Beef Tenderloin Wraps are like mini beef wellington’s and perfect for the British occasion.
No matter how small or silly the occasion guests always appreciate a little send off. Send your friends on their way with a token of your affection. You can choose anything for this but costume tiaras and ring pops strike the right tone at the right price.
Behind the Scenes at The Willie Moore Jr. Show [PHOTOS]
1. The Manns
1 of 62
2. Willie Moore with Evelyn Lozada and her daughter
2 of 62
3. Mary Mary and Willie
3 of 62
4. No Malice and Willie
4 of 62
5. Willie and Jennifer Williams
5 of 62
6. William Mcdowell
6 of 62
7. The Hairstons
7 of 62
8. Dr. Ian Smith with Willie Moore Jr.
8 of 62
9. The Walls Group stopped by!
9 of 62
10. Willie Moore with the "Growing up Hip-Hop" cast
10 of 62
11. Willie Moore with the Ron Carter Academy
11 of 62
12. Trina and Willie Moore
12 of 62
13. Dick Gregory and Willie Moore Jr.
13 of 62
14. Evander Holyfield and Willie Moore Jr.
14 of 62
15. The Hairston's and Willie Moore
15 of 62
16. Tim of Sweetie Pie's and Willie Moore Jr.
16 of 62
17. Willie Moore Jr. and the Hudson brothers
17 of 62
18. Tweet and Willie Moore Jr.
18 of 62
19. Kim Fields and Willie snap a photo!
19 of 62
20 of 62
21. Willie and Kirk Franklin
21 of 62
22. Kirk and Willie battle in a test of who is taller!
22 of 62
23. Anita Wilson and Willie Moore Jr.
23 of 62
24. Marlon Jackson and Willie Moore Jr.
24 of 62
25. Sheryl Lee Ralph and Willie
25 of 62
26 of 62
27. Geoffrey Golden and Willie
27 of 62
28. Marcus D. Wiley and Willie Moore Jr
28 of 62
29. Anthony Brown and Willie
29 of 62
30. Real Talk Kim and Willie Moore Jr.
30 of 62
31. Willie Moore Jr. and Anthony Brown
31 of 62
32. Lyfe Jennings and Willie Moore Jr.
32 of 62
33. Willie and Vashawn Mitchell
33 of 62
34. Aaron Cole and Willie Moore Jr.
34 of 62
35. Alex Faith, Tim Bowman Jr. and Willie Moore Jr.
35 of 62
36. Tim Bowman Jr. and Willie Moore Jr,
36 of 62
37. Virtue stops by the studio!
37 of 62
38. Erica Campbell with Willie's sons
38 of 62
39. Erica Campbell and Willie
39 of 62
40. Erica Campbell and Willie
40 of 62
41. Erica Campbell with Willie's sons
41 of 62
42. Demetria McKinney stops by.
42 of 62
43. Tamar Braxton and Willie
43 of 62
44. Bizzle and Willie snap a photo!
44 of 62
45. Jonathan McReynolds performs in studio!
45 of 62
46. Egypt Sherrod with Willie Moore Jr.
46 of 62
47. Egypt Sherrod
47 of 62
48. Egypt Sherrod with Willie Moore Jr.
48 of 62
49. Willie and Kandi!
49 of 62
50. Gail Devers
50 of 62
51. Kandi Burruss
51 of 62
52. Another snap of Willie Moore Jr. with gospel star Tasha Cobbs
52 of 62
53. Willie and Kandi!
53 of 62
54. Willie Moore Jr. snaps a photo with his wife and son
54 of 62
55. Kandi Burruss
55 of 62
56. Willie with gospel singer Canton Jones
56 of 62
57. Willie Moore Jr. with gospel star Tasha Cobbs
57 of 62
58. Willie Moore Jr. with his wife and sons Peyton and Princeton.
58 of 62
59. Marvin Sapp in studio with Willie Moore Jr.
59 of 62
60. Marvin Sapp and Willie Moore
60 of 62
61. Willie Moore and Pastor Charles Jenkins
61 of 62
62. Willie with Wess Morgan and Bishop Dale C. Bronner
62 of 62