Photo Credit: STPR / PRPhotos.com
UPDATE: Via TheBlast.com:
T.I. has responded. He says he called out the guard for sleeping on the job and an argument ensued between the two. He says it was a “very heated debate,” but nothing ever became physical. He says the guard eventually called the police, but says the law enforcement near his home are “white cops in a very white area,” and he was promptly arrested.
The artist tells us the security guard involved in the argument is black, which added to the frustration of the situation. He says he gave the guard “every opportunity” to apologize for sleeping, but the guy refused.
T.I. is adamant that the guard was the aggressor and “antagonized” him. He says he demanded the guard’s name, but the guy refused.
As for the assault charge, T.I. says he “may have been hurt by my words,” but says he never laid a hand on the guy.
We’re told T.I. plans on pursuing legal action against his HOA for the incident with the guard.
ATLANTA (AP) — The rapper T.I. was arrested early Wednesday as he tried to enter his gated community outside Atlanta and was charged with disorderly conduct, public drunkenness and simple assault — but the artist’s lawyer called it a wrongful arrest.
Henry County Deputy Police Chief Mike Ireland said T.I. was arrested around 4:30 a.m. after he got into an argument with a security guard. Media reports say the Grammy-winning artist, whose real name is Clifford Harris, had lost his key and the guard wouldn’t let him into the community.
Ireland said T.I. and a friend were arrested. The rapper has been released on bail.
T.I.’s attorney, Steve Sadow, said in a statement that the rapper was “wrongfully arrested.” He claims the guard was asleep when his client arrived at the guardhouse and it took “some time to wake up the sleeping guard.”
Sadow said T.I. identified himself and sought entry, but the guard refused. The rapper contacted his wife Tameka “Tiny” Cottle, who confirmed that her husband should be allowed inside the community.
“The guard continued to refuse entry without justification,” Sadow said in a statement, referring to T.I. as Tip. “Words were exchanged and apparently the guard and/or a supervisor called the police. When the police arrived, they were not interested in hearing Tip’s side of the story and wrongfully chose to end the situation by arresting Tip.”
The rapper served about seven months in prison in 2009 after his arrest on federal gun charges.
He also spent about 10 months in federal prison on a probation violation in 2010 after he was arrested on drug charges in Los Angeles. The drug arrest violated his probation — he had been ordered not to commit a crime and not to illegally possess any controlled substances — and led to an 11-month prison sentence at an Arkansas prison.
T.I. is one of the biggest names in hip-hop, with multiple platinum-selling albums and singles, production credits and roles in films like “ATL” and “American Gangster.”
1. Remy Ma1 of 36
2. Bobby ShmurdaSource:Bobby Shmurda Instagram 2 of 36
3. Apollo Nida was just sentenced to 8 years in prison for fraud.3 of 36
4. Darren Sharper is currently on trial for rape in several states.4 of 36
5. Justin Bieber has had some trouble with the law in the past for marijuana possession, drag racing and a number of other crimes.5 of 36
6. Ja Rule spent two years in prison for gun possession and tax evasion.6 of 36
7. Joseline Hernandez has spent some time in jail for prostitution prior to her Love & Hip Hop fame.7 of 36
8. Nene Leakes was charged with shoplifting in her early 20's.8 of 36
9. Chris Brown is currently in jail for violating his probation.9 of 36
10. Lindsay Lohan10 of 36
11. Wesley Snipes was convicted and spent some time in the big house.11 of 36
12. Ron Isley spent time in jail for tax evasion.12 of 36
13. Foxy Brown's numerous probation violations landed her in the slammer for a year (76 days in solitary confinement).(AP)13 of 36
14. A drunk Shia Labeouf was arrested for trespassing at a Walgreens. The store was closing and he refused to leave. (AP)14 of 36
15. OJ Simpson15 of 36
16. 50 Cent was arrested on drug charges and spent 6 months in an incarceration boot camp and earned his GED while there. AP16 of 36
17. Lil' Wayne served a year at Rikers for illegal gun possession & performed suicide watch with at-risk inmates. (AP)17 of 36
18. Ozzy Osbourne was arrested for peeing on the Alamo in San Antonio. He bragged about it & got a 20 yr. ban from the city. AP18 of 36
19. T.I. spent 11 months (the last time) in jail for probation violation. He is on the straight and narrow again. (AP)19 of 36
20. Martha Stewart was found guilty of insider trading and spent 5 months in federal prison & 2 years of supervised release. AP20 of 36
21. Gucci Mane has been in jail several times; drug possession, assault and probation violations. (AP)21 of 36
22. James Brown was sentenced to 6 years in 1988 for not stopping his car in a police chase.22 of 36
23. Nicole Richie only spent 82 minutes of her four-day sentence in jail for a DUI due to overcrowding in the system. (AP)23 of 36
24. Boy George got 15 months for chaining a male escort to a wall (without his consent) in his flat during a photo session.24 of 36
25. Lil’ Kim was at the very peak of her career when she was charged with conspiracy and perjury charges. She got 1 year & 1 day.25 of 36
26. Michelle Rodriguez has been in & out of jail four times: DUI, hit & run, probation violations, driving without a license.26 of 36
27. Meek Mill was sentenced to 2-4 years for violating his probation and driving dirt bikes in NYC.27 of 36
28. Kiefer Sutherland was charged with misdemeanor drunk driving in Los Angeles and spent 48 days in jail. (AP)28 of 36
29. Robert Downey Jr. spent 4 months in a LA jail and a year in prison for drugs and probation violations. He is doing well now.29 of 36
30. A hairdresser cashed an unauthorized check and Mystikal gave her a choice; jail or sex (not legal) and he got six years. (AP)30 of 36
31. Christian Slater was sentenced to three months in jail for assaulting his girlfriend & the man who tried to help her.31 of 36
32. Actor & comedian Tim Allen spent over two years in prison for cocaine possession (before he found fame). (AP)32 of 36
33. A drunk Edward Furlong was arrested for “freeing” a tank of lobsters in a Kentucky grocery store. (AP)33 of 36
34. Michael Vick spent 21 months in jail for financing a dog fighting business. He is out and doing well. Go Mike! (AP)34 of 36
35. Suge Knight was indicted by a grand jury for threatening death to director F. Gary Gary in August of 2017.(AP)35 of 36
36. Lauryn Hill served 3 months in prison for not paying federal taxes of $1.8 million from 2005 to 2007. (AP)36 of 36
PHOTOS: PR Photos, AP
Keep Up With The Russ Parr Morning Show On Facebook Too!