After numerous delays, a Los Angeles judge has ordered September 24, 2018, as the date for Suge Knights murder trial.
Jury selection begins on the 24 after 3 years of waiting, according to the NY Daily News. The court ruled this on April 23 after a recent hospital visit by the rap artist.
During the hearing, Knight informed the court that he was “fine” and ready to go ahead with Albert DeBlanc Jr. his court-appointed lawyer.
According to Knight’s sister, Karen Anderson, he had undergone eye surgery during his trip to the Los Angeles County USC Medical Center. “He was in a lot of pain- a lot of pain. His left eye is partially blind.”
Pleading not guilty, his original trial date for April got delayed because the 15th lawyer to join his team dropped him. In that lawyer’s place, the judge placed DeBlanc.
Anderson is hoping to hire another defense lawyer for her brother’s case but expressed confidence that Knight would be ready for the trial.
Knight is on trial fighting charges that he allegedly murdered Terry Carter and an alleged attempted murder of Cle (Bone) Sloan in February 2015. Prosecutors believe Knight ran over Carter intentionally because he was unhappy with Sloan from a fight they had earlier in the day.
Carter’s wife, Lillan Carter, was present at the April 23 hearing and says it’s hard to get her head around the ordeal.
I just can’t even wrap my head around it. It’s totally ridiculous,” said Lillian. “I’ve got a headache even thinking about it.”
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
- DC-Based Black Female Assistant Police Chief Was Actually Told To Get An Abortion Or Be Fired
- Taraji P. Henson Says Past Abusive Relationship Left Her Missing A Piece Of Her Lip To This Day
- Robert De Niro’s Estranged Wife Not Entitled to Half of His $500M Acting Income
GET THE HOTTEST STORIES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX:
(Source: NY Daily News)
(Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)