One of the funniest comedians has his sights set on something much bigger than himself. (no pun intended) He’s done movies and many tours but this time he has a serious plan for his future.
The Daily Mail, reports Kevin Hart wants to become a billionaire in the next 7 years as he grows his brand. Speaking at the Massive Summit in Los Angeles, Hart shared his goal. Check out the full interview here.
“The goal of being a mogul is a real one,” expressed Hart. “I want to be a billionaire … I’m 38. By the time I’m 45, you guys are going to be telling a completely different story.”
Who could be mad at such ambition? Currently he’s working on 5 films, which includes sequels to the hilarious movies Ride Along with Ice Cube and Jumanji. He’s also preparing himself to step behind the camera which definitely hints at producing and directing shows and films.
His inspiration for this is another business mogul himself Tyler Perry. Everything that Perry has done from his Madea movies and plays to his studio in Atlanta.
“The fact that they shot Black Panther on Tyler Perry’s stage blows my mind,” expressed Hart. It made him think, “How do I put myself in a position to give this younger generation what I don’t have? How do I do that?”
He also credits his mother for putting a drive in him to keep going. In particular he remembers his mother motivating him after he lost at a swim meet.
You may be familiar with Hart’s production company HartBeats Production. This will play a major part in getting him to his billionaire goal. He’s set himself up by hiring John Cheng from Brett Ratner’s company RatPac Entertainment. He’s also set up an streaming service called Laugh Out Loud Network. So Hart isn’t playing any games, he means serious business.
“It sounds so crazy, but if you don’t have the mentality of, ‘Take over, do everything,’ you’re not doing nothing,” said Hart.
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
Making History: Top 10 Richest Black Actors
1. Tyler Perry - estimated worth $450M1 of 10
2. Bill Cosby - estimated worth $380MSource:AP 2 of 10
3. Will Smith - estimated worth $240MSource:AP 3 of 10
4. Samuel L. Jackson - estimated worth $170MSource:PR 4 of 10
5. Morgan Freeman - estimated worth $150MSource:AP 5 of 10
6. Denzel Washington - estimated worth $140MSource:PR 6 of 10
7. Ice Cube - estimated worth $140MSource:PRPhotos.com 7 of 10
8. Martin Lawrence - estimated worth $110MSource:PR 8 of 10
9. LL Cool J - estimated worth $100MSource:AP 9 of 10
10. Eddie Murphy - estimated worth $85MSource:AP 10 of 10
- Little Known Black History Fact: William Cooper Nell
- Texas School Shooting Survivors Meet With Governor
- What Impact Will NFL Anthem Rules Have On The Upcoming Season?
GET THE HOTTEST STORIES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX:
(Source: The Daily Mail)
(Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP, File)