Surprising fans with the release on September 28, 2017, Queen Bey announced on social media that funds raised from the song will go toward victims of recent natural disasters, writing: “I am donating my proceeds from this song to hurricane relief charities for Puerto Rico, Mexico, and the other affected Caribbean islands.
In an interview with BuzzFeed, J Balvin says that it was Blue Ivy who spearheaded the collabo. “I think Beyoncé was [going] crazy, with her daughter singing the song all day, every night,” he said. “One day I was in the studio in New York, and one girl that works with Beyoncé — she told me that Blue loved the song. She really loved the song.”
When the reggaetonero singer asked Beyoncé to remix his hit single, he didn’t actually think she’d say yes. But to his surprise, she signed on two days later. “I almost passed out,” he admitted.
The Bey-assisted version of “Mi Gente,” featuring both Spanish and French lyrics, rocketed to the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100.
“You’re talking about one of the biggest pop artists around the world,” he said, “I’m still in shock. It is a blessing, you know. I’m really grateful. I really feel that the world needs more love and beautiful vibes. That’s why we made this song.”
The Carters: Beyonce, Blue Ivy, & Jay Z Take Over Europe This Summer
1. The Carters arrived to Capri, Italy in style this August.Source:Instagram 1 of 17
2. Beyoncé & Jay Z were greeted in Capri by a bunch of happy fans.Source:Instagram 2 of 17
3. Of course, Bey & Jay took jet skiing to another level. Check out Beyonce’s gown.Source:Instagram 3 of 17
4. Bey enjoying time with her family in the South of France.Source:Instagram 4 of 17
5. Daddy’s little girl, Blue Ivy CarterSource:Instagram 5 of 17
6. Bey & Jay holds hands in the South of France.Source:Instagram 6 of 17
7. Bonnie & Clyde.Source:Instagram 7 of 17
8. Jay and Bey take their little one on the waters in the South of France.Source:Instagram 8 of 17
9. Blue Ivy gets gangster in Nice on Sunday.Source:Instagram 9 of 17
10. Bey’s waves are spinnning—plus a tiny braid for flair.Source:Instagram 10 of 17
11. Blue-Bey.Source:Instagram 11 of 17
12. Blue asks Grandma Tina “Do you really know how to swim?” as she jumps into the water.Source:Instagram 12 of 17
13. Tina goes in.Source:Instagram 13 of 17
14. “I took a leap of faith, by jumping off the highest third story, on a boat into the ocean,” said Tina.Source:Instagram 14 of 17
15. Tina shows off her amazing cheekbones.Source:Instagram 15 of 17
16. “Sunnin and funnin” with her man.Source:Instagram 16 of 17
17. Getting silly with boo Richard Lawson in the South of France.Source:Instagram 17 of 17
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!