Dang, talk about getting a crapload of bad news.
That’s what Vincent Herbert (better known as Tamar Braxton’s husband) got today when he was ordered to fork over nearly $4 MILLION dollars to Sony.
Why? What the hell is going on, you ask? Well, a judge sided with Sony in their lawsuit against Herbert over a 2013 advance.
OK, let’s break it down. Sony’s suit says they paid Herbert to find new talent, and part of the deal required payments back from Interscope Records, reports TMZ.
However, Sony sued Herbert, claiming he started intercepting the money from Interscope in October 2015 … thereby screwing Sony out of recouping the advance.
For whatever reason, Herbert did NOT respond to the lawsuit, and the judge issued a default judgment. Not a good move Vince ’cause now that means he has to pay a whopping $3,738,515.93 including interest, to Sony.
We hope he’s got it like that so he can pay it back.
In other news Tamar Braxton wants to reiterate that she is NOT retiring. During an interview with Big Tigger, the singer clarified what a lot of folks interpreted as her saying she was retiring. However, she did say that her upcoming album would be her last, she said that she’s still working in music and other arenas.
“Who said ‘retiring’? I never said that. I said that this was my last album. That’s what I said. I didn’t say I was retiring. I’m going on tour with Xscape. I’m still going on Bluebird of Happiness Tour. And I’m going back to television permanently. That doesn’t sound like retiring.”
And with your husband now having to pay back almost $4 million, it’s a good thing you’re not retiring, Tamar. In fact, you may have put in even MORE work.
Share your email below to receive our daily newsletter!
Celebrity Siblings: Talent Runs in the Family
1. LisaRaye McCoy is the older half-sister of rapper Da Brat; they share the same father.Source:Instagram 1 of 20
2. Meagan and La'Miyah GoodSource:PR 2 of 20
3. jussie and Jurnee Smollett-BellSource:Jussie Smollett Instagram 3 of 20
4. Tennis Superstars Venus and Serena Williams.Source:AP 4 of 20
5. Tracie Ellis Ross and Evan Ross are the children of Ms. Diana Ross.Source:PR 5 of 20
6. Ray-J and Brandy have a close bond that's been displayed in music, TV, and film.Source:Brandy Instagram 6 of 20
7. The Braxtons Toni, Tamar, Traci, Towonda and Trina have all gained celeb status.Source:PR 7 of 20
8. Beyonce and Solange, the power sisters in music, fashion and film.Source:PR 8 of 20
9. Tahj, Tia and Tamera have been famous since childhood.Source:Instagram 9 of 20
10. Pop icon Grace Jones and Bishop Noel Jones are siblings.10 of 20
11. Did you know Nia Long and comedian Sommore are half sisters.11 of 20
12. Vanessa Williams shares those blue eyes with younger brother Chris.12 of 20
13. Actors and brothers Steve and Wood Harris.13 of 20
14. The famous music family includes Janet, Tito, Michael, Marlon, Jackie & Jermaine14 of 20
15. Phylicia Rashad and Debbie Allen are sisters.15 of 20
16. The Wayans Bros: Dwayne, Keenan Ivory, Kim, Damon, Marlon, and Shawn.16 of 20
17. Funny guys Eddie and Charlie Murphy are brothers.17 of 20
18. Funny men Chris Rock and Tony Rock, don't you see the resemblance?18 of 20
19. The talented DeBarge family has been plagued with drugs, crime & death.19 of 20
20. Brothers Rev Run, Russell and Danny Simmons.20 of 20